The Student Room Group
depends what career you're looking for
Mr_Roberts
If you don't know what career/job you want to go in too? I got 6 C'S and 3 b's and was wondering if I should go sixth form.

To be honest, i'm not entirely sure what career i want either. ^_^
I just figure if i take A levels in subjects that i'm good at AND enjoy, i wont go too far wrong. Most of my friends don't really know what they want to do either, apart from those that are already working towards careers in medicine/Veterinary stuff/Dentistry.
Reply 3
it's totally ok that you don't know what you wanna do yet at this stage, don't worry!!! I didn't really know either until like about maybe 2-3 months before ucas :smile: but you do need to ask yourself which field you are slightly more inclined towards, or are good at.

From my knowledge, at least, these are the more 'traditional' and 'safe' subjects to take, generally (BUT OF COURSE, NOT ALWAYS) regardless of what course you're gonna take, they are considered good choices:
Chemistry
Maths
Eng Lit
Econs

fyi: I knew I wanted to do science, and at the start of my A-levels, I did Maths, Physics, Chem, and Bio. Quite a heavy combination, but you can do virtually any science-related course with this combo. and even law, apparently! :biggrin:
You could take a variety of subjects to keep your options open kind of like I did.
Although, I knew I was going to end up doing something Business related.
It's free education. Take it.
Reply 6
There's nothing stopping you. Just take a wide range of subjects and then it will give you more time to think about what you want to do. I never had the problem as I've known what I've wanted to do now for 4 years but a lot of people will go into sixth form with no idea what they want to do. Good luck with deciding!
Reply 7
Mr_Roberts
If you don't know what career/job you want to go in too? I got 6 C'S and 3 b's and was wondering if I should go sixth form.

Definitely! You might find something you're really good at or really passionate about. Do the subjects you got B's in, or experiment with new ones. A levels can open new doors for you! :smile:

Latest