The Student Room Group

Hating the Sun

Hey!
This is really getting on my nerves.
This year, I've become really sensitive to the sun, especially on my head. So sensitive that only a couple of seconds in the hot sunshine gives me a headache.

It's only when standing still or sitting. Cycling or running is perfectly ok.
I've never ever had this problem before and used to spend most of the year on the beach and by the pool. This summer.. guess what: I'm white arrrhh.

What's up here?
Reply 1
White can be a good thing. Could you not wear a sun cap or something?

:/
Reply 2
Icy Ghost
White can be a good thing. Could you not wear a sun cap or something?

:/

hmm yes suppose so, but the sun irritates me if in it, even for a short period of time. Especially my face and ears :p:

I sometimes find that after being in it for only a couple of mins and then cool off I get a sore throat!
:eek: :eek:
Reply 3
Maybe you should get it checked out by a doc ? :/ could be an allergic reaction?
Reply 4
Icy Ghost
Maybe you should get it checked out by a doc ? :/ could be an allergic reaction?

How can you tell if it's an allergic reaction? I mean i don't come out in a rash or anything...
Reply 5
I think this might be something you need to desensitise to, by perhaps going out and sitting in the shade for a while. That way you can become more used to the heat.

I used to have the same problem, and I would advise that for a short time, you cut down HEAVILY on your dairy intake, paricularly milk and chocolate... When I had the problem, the doctor made me remove them from my diet briefly, and it actually solved the problem. Turned out I was being irritated by something in the milk, and the sun was catalysing that irritation.

Hope it helps you like it did me.
Just try living without it.
Reply 7
RobbieC
I think this might be something you need to desensitise to, by perhaps going out and sitting in the shade for a while. That way you can become more used to the heat.

I used to have the same problem, and I would advise that for a short time, you cut down HEAVILY on your dairy intake, paricularly milk and chocolate... When I had the problem, the doctor made me remove them from my diet briefly, and it actually solved the problem. Turned out I was being irritated by something in the milk, and the sun was catalysing that irritation.

Hope it helps you like it did me.

Oh cool!
yeah i have the same problem with being even in the shade is it's very hot. very stupid i know.

I don't each chocolate, and only have milk on my cereals no more... hmm
Reply 8
Cheese is probably very bad too, but I never really ate cheese.

It's probably worth a shot, and orange juice.

Either way, I'm not prepared to accept you have an allergic reaction to the sun just yet, I reckon its a combination of things.
Reply 9
Goldenratio
Hey!
This is really getting on my nerves.
This year, I've become really sensitive to the sun, especially on my head. So sensitive that only a couple of seconds in the hot sunshine gives me a headache.

It's only when standing still or sitting. Cycling or running is perfectly ok.
I've never ever had this problem before and used to spend most of the year on the beach and by the pool. This summer.. guess what: I'm white arrrhh.

What's up here?

:eek: hehehe ur a vampire like me!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 10
RobbieC
Cheese is probably very bad too, but I never really ate cheese.

It's probably worth a shot, and orange juice.

Either way, I'm not prepared to accept you have an allergic reaction to the sun just yet, I reckon its a combination of things.

Sounds like it could be, because i certainly do eat a lot of fruit. like half a melon and a bunch of grapes a day.... Cheese perhaps only once a week maybe.

i wish i had asked earlier this year, cos i'm moving to a place without much sun now... :p:
Vampires rule!
Reply 11
maybe you're really photo-sensitive, or it has something to do with UV radiation or something, mayeb it has that effect on you

I'd definately reccomend seeing a doctor, you can't be the only one. I'm not very good with sun, but that could be because I'm very pale and always worrying about buring (seriosuly, I can burn in about 20 mins on a sunny day)

pale is beautiful, you won't have skin like leather when you're old

Latest

Trending

Trending