The Student Room Group

People hoping to do law.

Hey :smile:, i'm in year 13 and hoping to apply to uni to do law, my AS results were AAA and atm I'm hoping to apply to cardiff (as a top choice) + i also like the look of Oxford Brookes.

Just wondering is there anyone else who wants to study law, if so what grades did you get, what subjects you doing next year and where you planning to apply to?

Would be grateful if I could see a general overview of what people are doing :biggrin:

Thanx :smile:
Your AS results are AAA and your top choices are Cardiff and Oxford Brookes?

Are you new to TSR?
Reply 2
rhianne1231
Hey :smile:, i'm in year 13 and hoping to apply to uni to do law, my AS results were AAA and atm I'm hoping to apply to cardiff (as a top choice) + i also like the look of Oxford Brookes.

Just wondering is there anyone else who wants to study law, if so what grades did you get, what subjects you doing next year and where you planning to apply to?

Would be grateful if I could see a general overview of what people are doing :biggrin:

Thanx :smile:

Hoping to do Law too!
Grades and Uni choices in spoiler :smile: X
Grades and everything you asked for are in the spoiler, including where i hope to apply. Now all i need to do is get some hardcore revision for the LNAT in, and write a good PS.
However as the first poster said, with those grades you should be applying to better Uni's, such as Redbrick ones, and Oxbridge depending on your GCSE's, i suppose.
Reply 4
Law-Undergrad

Are you new to TSR?

I thought Cardiff as my top choice, because I've only got 3 AS levels (3 going on to A2) i would be disadvantaged, so I don't want it to be a waste my choices :smile:

Oh and plus a C in general studies, but I suppose that doesn't really count.

Do you think I should be aiming a little higher? :smile:
rhianne1231
I thought Cardiff as my top choice, because I've only got 3 AS levels (3 going on to A2) i would be disadvantaged, so I don't want it to be a waste my choices :smile:

Oh and plus a C in general studies, but I suppose that doesn't really count.

Do you think I should be aiming a little higher? :smile:

Certainly - Out of interest what are your GCSE's and EC's?
Law-Undergrad

Are you new to TSR?

:lol:

I got AABB, which I intend to bring up to AAAB in January. (one B was 2 UMS off an A...)

I'm planning on applying to Kings, maybe UCL. Then I'm not too sure about the rest due to the requirements for law all being AAA/AAB. Probably something like: KCL, QMUL, Birmingham, either Sheffield/Leeds/Lancaster/Leicester maybe, and Liverpool. I'm not certain yet though. :dontknow:
Reply 7
Law-Undergrad
Certainly - Out of interest what are your GCSE's and EC's?

Oh right thanks :smile:

And my GCSE's weren't brilliant. :/
I got 1 A*, 3 As, 6 Bs and 3 Cs
rhianne1231
Oh right thanks :smile:

And my GCSE's weren't brilliant. :/
I got 1 A*, 3 As, 6 Bs and 3 Cs

Any extra-circulars? I.e. Work experience...
Reply 9
Law-Undergrad
Any extra-circulars? I.e. Work experience...

Ohh right :smile:

Well volunteered at the citizens advice Bureau this summer and secured a sort of placement to train as an advisor next year (which i've heard can be helpful when doing a training contract, that's if I ever get there!) I'm attending a pre law course next week, been to the crown court a few times and observed cases. As well as reading books concerning the law such as Learning the Law by Glanville Williams.

In addition to law associated work experience I've volunteered at my local library which involved reading to small children etc. In addition I'm a peer mentor at my sixth form which means I mentor GCSE students (in my case for GCSE English.)

Latest