The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not sure its relevant but for all you law bods the partnersandchambers website ranked oxford above cambridge for degree most sought after by law firms. Then again they put bristol above both of them so what do they know?
Reply 141
LOL! It always mystifies me why they do things like that! Not that Bristol isn't a good uni though.
Reply 142
Girton
LOL! It always mystifies me why they do things like that! Not that Bristol isn't a good uni though.

Despite flaws in the research methodology, the research was actually very comprehensive.
Reply 143
dreamer
tab from cantab?

ox from oxford?

Yes, the sobriquet 'Tab' is derived from 'Cantab'. But I referred to 'Ox' rather than 'Oxford' in my post only because I am too lazy to type four contextually-unnecessary letters. I don't think people from Oxford are ever referred to as 'Ox' (or 'oxen').
Reply 144
...thrilling!
redcat
Yes, the sobriquet 'Tab' is derived from 'Cantab'. But I referred to 'Ox' rather than 'Oxford' in my post only because I am too lazy to type four contextually-unnecessary letters. I don't think people from Oxford are ever referred to as 'Ox' (or 'oxen').

It's actually Cantab, Oxon and Dunelm for Cambridge, Oxford and Durham respectively.

J.
Reply 146
hornblower
It's actually Cantab, Oxon and Dunelm for Cambridge, Oxford and Durham respectively.

J.

Durham, pah....who cares about Durham??
hornblower

J.

Dunelm? As in the fabric shop? :biggrin: Excellent...
Alaric
When someone I know at Girton was ill they paid for taxis to lectures so that he could get there, it seems slightly less necessary for Clare -> New Museums, but makesure you get the nurse to tell you what support is available. The last thing colleges want is having your education comprimised, so a lot seem very keen to throw money at problems... obviously Kings and Johns may not at the moment!

Alaric.

at cambridge they told me i could use my DSA to pay for taxis anywhere i needed to

as it is with a bit of luck ive got an offer from pembroke which is right next to all my builddings

YAY!

Rosie
Reply 149
crana
at cambridge they told me i could use my DSA to pay for taxis anywhere i needed to

as it is with a bit of luck ive got an offer from pembroke which is right next to all my builddings

YAY!

Rosie

What does DSA stand for?
Minta
What does DSA stand for?

Disabled Student's Allowance

Latest

Trending

Trending