The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just visit it at some point, either now or closer to the time when you'll actually be applying to university. I applied to Warwick myself, and though it was the course that was the deciding factor, I wasn't keen on the campus either. Not that you won't like it- you might love it! But it wasn't my cup of tea. I can understand why so many people like it, but it's very much a personal preference thing, so my advice would be:

1. Study hard and focus on what you're doing at the moment. Don't pigeonhole yourself into doing a particular course at a particular university.
2. Closer to the time of applying, start looking around. Once you have settled on a subject (and it may well not be English) visit the universities and see how you feel about them. It's amazing what an Open Day can do to either convince you that "I really like this place!" or that "I'm not quite sure about it..."
3. And eventually (hopefully), one day you'll have that magic moment where you realise that, yes, this is it! I had that epiphany myself (at Warwick, ironically- was in the psychology department and saw a poster for Royal Holloway and then knew which one I should go for).
4. Finally, don't worry about it too much for the time being. Great that you're doing a bit of research, but just keep it basic for now. It's amazing how much priorities change over time.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Latest

Trending

Trending