Visit website
Reply 1
Dayum! that sucks, i'm not sure what to reccommend
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Bleh. I guess I gotta get a hotel for a week or two.
Reply 3
Ouraniax
Bleh. I guess I gotta get a hotel for a week or two.

That's what I was going to suggest either that or make some friends during freshers pretty quickly just crash on random people's floors to save cash :giggle: I would suggest me but during those weeks I will most likely be passing out on my floor after drinking too much :laugh:
how come you have nowhere to stay until october?
Reply 5
JWH
That's what I was going to suggest either that or make some friends during freshers pretty quickly just crash on random people's floors to save cash :giggle: I would suggest me but during those weeks I will most likely be passing out on my floor after drinking too much :laugh:

To be honest I wouldn't mind just having someone floor to crash on for a week or so because I too will be wasted after like a week of straight partying haha. I am actually contemplating not going to Freshers because I have nowhere to stay... I would rather go than not though haha.
Reply 6
Vicki, because the only accommodation I have found is only available in the first week of October.
are you in housing or private halls? well, as odd as it sounds you may aswell come down and see where it takes you, although i suppose depending on where you're moving into that's going to be difficult with all of your stuff.
its crazy you can't move in til so late D: you don't really want to miss freshers though, so come down and see if you can crash around for a week or so and book into a hotel or something as a very last resort but some kind people are likely to put you up :smile:
do you know anyone whatsoever coming from london to lincoln?
Reply 8
I am so broke aswell, so booking a hotel is going to be a bit of a bitch. I don't wanna miss freshers at all and I know NOONE going to Lincoln at all, let alone from london :frown: man. This sucks.
have you got a student account with an overdraft? an overdraft IS your best friend
but yeh, you should not have to book a hotel.
as i said where abouts is your accommodation? i cant imagine anywhere making you wait so late to move in, can't you ring up and try to negotiate?
Reply 10
Yeah, my bank account hasn't come through yet but that overdraft is going to SAVE me I swear to god. They're making me wait because they're still refurbishing & and all that. I guess I gotta make friends before I leave!
yeh, you will
have you been on the lincoln freshers website? you could ask very nicely
if someone will put you up?
i would offer but i'm not even going to be at my accommodation as i will be spending time with my boyfriend
but your situation isn't a little bad, but something will turn up :smile: x
Reply 12
It would suck for you to miss freshers, especially not knowing anybody, i'm sure people will let you stay somewhere once you get to know them :smile:
Reply 13
Me casa es tu casa, if you got alcohol ;P
Reply 14
Ouraniax
To be honest I wouldn't mind just having someone floor to crash on for a week or so because I too will be wasted after like a week of straight partying haha. I am actually contemplating not going to Freshers because I have nowhere to stay... I would rather go than not though haha.

I wouldn't not go to freshers you would be missing out on loads. Though seriously just by a few people some drinks while out and they will be happy enough to let you crash on their floor :smile: the bigger problem would be what would you do during the day and what will you with your stuff.
Reply 15
Thanks to Stuthulu, I have somewhere to stay for 3 days, maybe more. If anyone can hook me up for the days after that, if I can't stay with him, I'd appreciate it!
Are there any youth hostels around? If so that's a cheaper option
Reply 17
there is rooms available if you want in private housing, i can provide you the mans number. Im also coming from London, and I know how hard it will be for you to not have a place to live in for the first few weeks.