Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Tomorrow? whats happening tomorrow?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
Felt really, really sick and tense earlier on today- fear of the unknown is a funny thing, but now I'm cool with it. Had a good night tonight with my m8s (apart from the fact I insisted on not getting w*nkered- would'nt want anyone to see me hungover tomorrow...not pretty!) so I feel properly sorted in that respect, no loose ends or anything!

Just looking forward to tomo now- see ya then ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 22
JonW
Felt really, really sick and tense earlier on today- fear of the unknown is a funny thing, but now I'm cool with it. Had a good night tonight with my m8s (apart from the fact I insisted on not getting w*ankered- would'nt want anyone to see me hungover tomorrow...not pretty!) so I feel properly sorted in that respect, no loose ends or anything!

Just looking forward to tomo now- see ya then ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

As long as I get on with everyone / don't get myself into too many awkward moments / don't get hopelessly lost/confused all will be well.

...and for all the History peeps out there, I'm having lunch with the Head of History at RHUL tomorrow - shame I'm not doing the subject myself really :wink:.
Reply 23
How am I feeling about tomorrow?

Oh god!!!!!
Reply 24
Oh Dear, just got back from town (Tunbridge Wells). Absolutely sloshed, and I have to get up really early tomorrow.

Fun fun fujn...
Reply 25
From my journal...

...I've been vaguely trying to keep to my extensive list of how to get ready. All my personal files from both computers are now on a set of seven disks, and I've a little mountain of cutlery and crockery wrestling for space beside the great hills of the Toiletries and Stationary bags. I suspect the flood of CDs will drown them all, however, as well as my collection of posters and photos, and various electrical appliances. They're not yet in suitcases...it will be a long night indeed. At least I have my new laptop (christened 'Rhodes') working, although it's not yet playing with LAN. I plan to attach keyboards and mice to it, so it will be like a PC, only with the tower replaced with the laptop, which I can then take to lectures and write stories with whilst listening to interesting things about German literature and Saxons. Interesting things I'm taking with me include a portable weather station, an oil painting of a Greek island vista and a photo I took of Saschenhausen concentration camp, which I can muse over when my joint course of German & History inevitabley hits the Third Reich.

How am I currently feeling? Hah, scared and nervous! As much as I advocate chaos, I'm resistant to changes until they happen, and this is a very big change indeed. It's not truly sunk in that I won't be here, in sunny Wollaton, in 10 hours, and that by this time tommorrow, I'll be a resident of Rhul, Surrey, in a room I call 'Elinian', in a block I refer to as 'the Cold War relic', amongst hoardes of unfamiliar peers. I have cookies to make a good impression, and I've now also got Monster Munch, provided I don't eat them as comfort food on the way South. It's really bizzare upping and leaving home for the first time in your life, but then, I've been on a few long holidays which I wished would go on and on, and I suppose they have much in common. I'll just be in Egham rather than Srbska Kamenice or Stendal.
I'm scared....very very scared... never been away from home before so this is like the biggest thing I've ever had to do! Everyone sounds really nice though so I look forward to meeting you all!
Claire. xXx
Reply 27
SCURREd.
See you all soon, goodluck everyone! Very scared too...
Reply 29
cartouche --->> what was the point? lol

man i wished i was moving in....

are non-resident/off campus students allowed to stay with students living on campus when you have nothing do ? (coz i know my freind whose stayin in halls etc)
its a lame question i know .... but im not sure lol....
Reply 30
Sgt.Fox
...and for all the History peeps out there, I'm having lunch with the Head of History at RHUL tomorrow - shame I'm not doing the subject myself really :wink:.

Nigel Saul? Apparently (according to an email from the History Department I got earlier), Justin Champion is the Head of Department now! It could just be a mistake though, I suppose...

Latest

Trending

Trending