The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AndroidLight
Lol

Let me clarifiy the point. The point is that many here will not know about things like the importance of Zakah on Muslims, giving atleast 2.5% of your wealth which is a must, even though it's like a basic teaching in R.E in schools. Or about great actions of the prophets. Instead most will know about 72 virgins (or however amount, which is BS btw), Muslims oppressing womans, being the faith for terrorirsts etc etc

Which college you goin? I also live in East London
hamdullilah I'm a muslim myself... I've never heard the theory about keeps 2 sets of clothes... you just should be moderate not too much not too little :smile:
Reply 22
Can you see why the reputation of muslims in this country get tarnished. It's people like the OP, ranting and preaching about crap. Why don't you preach at home or at your local mosque, why on a British public forum?
By no means the part of giving is just to do with Islam. Of course not. But I see I've hit a point by saying that Islam has a lot of beauty and giving an example.

Another example? If any of you have sky watch Islam Channel during the evenings. (813 or something). They raise about 100,000 every night during this ramadan from ordinary muslims and have gone to a million.
devils18
Can you see why the reputation of muslims in this country get tarnished. It's people like the OP, ranting and preaching about crap.

F'ing hell, shall i list all my negatives to please you? You guys are right arses, coming out with this preaching bull. It's nothing to do with my point.
Reply 25
AndroidLight
By no means the part of giving is just to do with Islam. Of course not. But I see I've hit a point by saying that Islam has a lot of beauty and giving an example.

Another example? If any of you have sky watch Islam Channel during the evenings. (813 or something). They raise about 100,000 every night during this ramadan from ordinary muslims and have gone to a million.

Yeh the london muslim centre and the Maryam centre are great examples of Muslims Generosity no doubt. LMC cost like 10m? It was raised in less than a year...and the Maryam centre probably costs twice as much or even more since its huuuuuuge
Reply 26
Mask Of Sanity
Let not your left hand know what your right hand does.

:yep:
Reply 27
AndroidLight
In response to this and a few other similar posts, in short no. I've felt both sides of the story with and without religion. And I'm not religious in all out sense. But in Islam, Muslims are greatly encouraged to follow the actions of Muhammad, and I doubt I'd do this if it was not his actions. In short, how many non muslims keep only 2 sets of clothes? Obviously no reflection on them as a person, but it answers the question.

So this says something about you not the religion. Muhammad, hope that doesn't include child abuse :wink: :wink: . You say that is is Muslim law for everyone to give 2.5% of their money to charity. You know that this is no longer charity and more like a tax.
AndroidLight
And another point. Zakah. Every muslim has to give 2.5% min of their wealth to charity each year.

Za is for Zakat, to cure our greed :dance:
Bilco
So this says something about you not the religion. Muhammad, hope that doesn't include child abuse :wink: :wink: . You say that is is Muslim law for everyone to give 2.5% of their money to charity. You know that this is no longer charity and more like a tax.

Child abuse? You mean the man that said one of the best ways to be close to him in the day is to help orphans? Or you mean his wife? If so, you emphasize my point, which many have missed. And it is charity. Tax for the poor if you want then.

And to others, does that bible point mean to not say when you give? Let me re assure you I donated over 6 months ago and never mentioned it to anyone. I was merely using an example.
Bilco

Em no, you should give 2.5% of your income directly to charity as well as paying regular tax to the government which has nothing to do with charity :rolleyes:. OP, I don't see the point of your post? I mean, I guess well done and it was a selfless act but it's better not to publicise it, also ramadan mubarak :smile:
*CONVERTS* Q.F.

Or not.
Bilco

sorry for misconceptions but Zakah is a tax(2.5% of income), that goes towards the needy... it teaches people not to be greedy and purifies the wealth... however zakah is only obligatory upon those who can pay... and who are sane,
however sadaqah is the charity given out of ones will:yep:
Reply 33
iammealrightpee24k
Em no, you should give 2.5% of your income directly to charity as well as paying regular tax to the government which has nothing to do with charity :rolleyes:. OP, I don't see the point of your post? I mean, I guess well done and it was a selfless act but it's better not to publicise it, also ramadan mubarak :smile:

It becomes LIKE a tax. The term for your kind of giving is almsgiving.
Reply 34
MaDeenThenMaLife
sorry for misconceptions but Zakah is a tax(2.5% of income), that goes towards the needy... it teaches people not to be greedy and purifies the wealth... however zakah is only obligatory upon those who can pay... and who are sane,
however sadaqah is the charity given out of ones will:yep:

Thats fine. Its given to a charity, but the act is not charitable. Thanks for the clarification :biggrin:

EDIT: You and iammealrightpee24k might want to chat. You seem to contradict. I side with you :wink:
Bilco
It becomes LIKE a tax. The term for your kind of giving is almsgiving.

How do you figure that out? No one FORCES you to pay it, you pay it if you want to. "your kind" LMFAO.

edit: I see the above post but think a bout it this way, living here no one is going to come along and say you have to pay Zakah, it isn't a tax here, you just pay it if you want to, and if you can afford to.
Bilco
Thats fine. Its given to a charity, but the act is not charitable. Thanks for the clarification :biggrin:

EDIT: You and iammealrightpee24k might want to chat. You seem to contradict. I side with you :wink:

yep but these are the conditions of Zakah
Islam made easy :smile:

1.A person who qualifies to pay Zakat is not eligible to receive.

2. It is not permissible to pay Zakat to your husband , wife, parents , grandparents, and the children and grandchildren.

3 Expenditure to Zakat fund is not permissible on the construction of mosque.

4. It is preferable to pay Zakat to deserving relatives.

5. The Zakat of every locality should be spent on the poor inhabitants of the same community except if there is a calamity in other parts of the country or the world.

6. Any one who qualifies to receive Zakat, can be given it as assistance or a gift, without telling him that it is Zakat.

7. All articles of household use and properties given on rent are exempted from paying Zakat.

8, Zakat money of a particular year could be spent during the same year in advance, could be given all at once or in installments.

Edit: if your in debt you dont give zakah, you recieve

Zakat for Money : If you keep a certain amount of money for 1 year (it's counted on the Arabic calender) you should pay 2,5 % of that amount in case it's more than the value of 85 grams of gold. You can understand now that the limit is the value of 85 grams of gold (purity standard 21). Check the value of 1 gram of Gold (21). Suppose it's 1 gram = 100$ that means 85 X 100 = 8500 $ is the limit. If all your savings and your unused gold exceeds that limit, you should give zakat on it.
Reply 37
well done , mashallah :smile:
Reply 38
iammealrightpee24k
How do you figure that out? No one FORCES you to pay it, you pay it if you want to. "your kind" LMFAO.

edit: I see the above post but think a bout it this way, living here no one is going to come along and say you have to pay Zakah, it isn't a tax here, you just pay it if you want to, and if you can afford to.

Don't make me quote wikipedia :wink:
Reply 39
MaDeenThenMaLife
yep but these are the conditions of Zakah
Islam made easy :smile:

1.A person who qualifies to pay Zakat is not eligible to receive.

2. It is not permissible to pay Zakat to your husband , wife, parents , grandparents, and the children and grandchildren.

3 Expenditure to Zakat fund is not permissible on the construction of mosque.

4. It is preferable to pay Zakat to deserving relatives.

5. The Zakat of every locality should be spent on the poor inhabitants of the same community except if there is a calamity in other parts of the country or the world.

6. Any one who qualifies to receive Zakat, can be given it as assistance or a gift, without telling him that it is Zakat.

7. All articles of household use and properties given on rent are exempted from paying Zakat.

8, Zakat money of a particular year could be spent during the same year in advance, could be given all at once or in installments.

I have to say congratulations. I have discussed religion on here for a while and you are the first person to teach me something about religion. Thanks for that :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending