The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Commuting to Crewe?

Hi,

I just spoke to the Student Accomodation people in Crewe Campus and was told they have run out of rooms by a substantial number in the halls and the private sector. I'm on a waiting list and I'll be told whether or not I can stay in the halls by the end of the week, in the meantime I was advised to look for my own accomodation.

I was thinking about staying in the student village (manchester). Can anyone give me advice on what it will be like to commute as in fares etc. Also is there anyone else in the same position as me?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
yeah... Not looking good this end either, they told me i will have to wait until early next week if i can get a place in Halls. Been looking more in Manchester as Crewe has nothing in terms of private halls unless you fork out for a flat- which i wouldnt want to during first year .... ;(
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I'm in the same boat. It's stupid how they don't have enough for the first years when it's plastered all over there website there is usually enough. Didn't take in to accuont people going through clearing whatsoever.

I'm most likely going to look for accomodation in manchester too, and the best bet would be to get the early train to crewe but that's like a tenner a day.

had a look around at flats in crwe and none of them look special at all.
Reply 3
hey Hartshorn have you got facebook?
Reply 4
yes, it's luke thegambler hartshorn
Reply 5
Hey guys, last night luckily i was offered a place in the halls so they are trying to sort it out really quickly! Apparently there are 150 students without accommodation so they are having a meeting sometime this week whether or not they should open a spare hall they have! Fingers crossed this is what they do!
Reply 6
hello nicole,

May i ask how they managed to sort it out for you at night? How did you contact them?
Reply 7
I was very high on the waiting list so when 7 rooms became availiable they were able allocate me one. I just called the crewe accommodation office and just asked about what was going on. The woman there is very friendly and is willing to give as much info as she can.
Reply 8
Rightio thank you, i've just got an email through and they are opening up a halls but its in the alsager campus :/

Think im gonna look aruond for a house, as they are cheaper and closer.
Reply 9
Cancel that, bus ride it is!

They said no matter what they will sort a room out for us, they just don't know which halls in alsager to open, and that they are hoping to move everyone back the crewe campus sometime or another anyway.
Reply 10
Where is alsager?
Reply 11
Other side of the m6, and im guessing/hoping a 10-15 minute bus ride away.

Latest

Trending

Trending