The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nicolay
I got my BBB and am on the biomedical science course starting in October :woo: I thought it would be good to get to know some people on the course before we all got there :biggrin: :wink:

well im going to be doing biomed as well :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
oh hai!. Me too, see you guys there! Has anyone got any word back on accomodation????
Reply 3
Hey both :biggrin: I'm actually staying at home, will just be gettin the train into cov and then a bus to the uni. I don't live that far so I thought I'd try and save some money by staying at home :smile:
Reply 4
I'm on biochem, so we'll have a lot of the same modules in the first year at least :smile: We'll probably hear back about accommodation next week or the week after, last year they heard back around the 8th/10th if I remember rightly.
I'll be there! See you then :smile:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !
I'm doing Biomed too.
wooo.
Nice to meet some others.
Are we allowed to post Facebook details on here ? It'd be nice to see familiar faces come October.
Reply 7
Kakabix
I'm on biochem, so we'll have a lot of the same modules in the first year at least :smile: We'll probably hear back about accommodation next week or the week after, last year they heard back around the 8th/10th if I remember rightly.

Ohhh Im doing biochem too! :biggrin:
I cant wait to get there. A month and a day to go :woo:

See you there everyone!
Reply 8
Me! :cool:

i'm on facebook, had some random guy from India add me 'cos he's doing biomed too :s-smilie:

anybody got their welcome packs yet?
Reply 9
rpatel92
Me! :cool:

i'm on facebook, had some random guy from India add me 'cos he's doing biomed too :s-smilie:

anybody got their welcome packs yet?

Nope, not yet. I read on their site that they'd be sending out the welcome packs early September so we should get them soon :biggrin:
Has anyone bought books yet ? Everyones telling me to wait but I'm curious and considering just buying them.
id wait to buy books until you get there. the only one you reaally need your own copy of is stryer, brock and the molecular biology ones are useful but last year loads of people down my corridor had bought them all so i just borrowed them when needed. for second year we're just going to buy the next ones between us i think. unless you plan to do loadss of extra work you dont really need copies of them all!
See you cool kids there :biggrin:
Reply 13
pmann
Has anyone bought books yet ? Everyones telling me to wait but I'm curious and considering just buying them.

I've got two, because they were really, really cheap on ebay. The rest I'm going to wait to get when I arrive. One was just for biochem kids too.
pmann

I got a bit carried away and bought all of them :smile: I had a quick flick through them all and realised just how much I've forgotten since I left school!

Got the SU guide this morning too, going to read through it all later :smile:
Jumpin_jellybeans
....and realised just how much I've forgotten since I left school!

I know, thats what I'm scared of. Turning up and knowing nothing.
pmann
I know, thats what I'm scared of. Turning up and knowing nothing.

Same here, I think my revision notes will be going with me!
Jumpin_jellybeans
Same here, I think my revision notes will be going with me!

Sadly I have also forgotten everything, and seem to have misplaced my notes :s-smilie: Should be a fun first few weeks :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Hi guys I used to go to Warwick (studied biological sciences) I have loads of the course textbooks which I want to sell so if any of you are interested then PM me! thanks
im doing biomeddddd!!...anyone for tocil accommodation?

Latest