The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yeah, just going into final year. i have nothing lined up job wise apart from some completely non-connected work experince at xmas. I am not planning to go for graduate schemes as im really not that interested in the subject of my degree anymore and would hate carry it forward to career level. so yeah, a bit stressed :-D
In my final year too, will be looking for degree-related jobs as of now. Why not? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hi Guys!

You really do need to start looking now.

If you leave it until after your finals, there will be little left (espeically on graduate schemes), you'll end up taking a 'filler job' and risk either getting stuck in a rut or with difficulties getting serious hitting employees to take you seriously.
Reply 4
i'v applied for one gaduate scheme but jus cos i already have a part time job there. Am not sure where i can apply for any other tho :confused:
I haven't applied for anything yet, but will the app forms require any predicted grades or predicted degree scores at all??
Reply 6
Hmmm I'm in my final year and am really worried as I don't know what to do! I'm gonna be so busy this year with dissertation, finals, societies....grrr must have a think about it!

Actually the plan at the moment is to get a years experience as an Assistant Psychologist, travel for a year :biggrin: then maybe do a masters...what in though...I'm not sure :blushing:
Reply 7
Right, well for one, if you are interested in graduate schemes definetely get going on those application forms as most usually have deadlines in November/December.

But, if you don't see anything that takes your fancy, don't fret. It's NOT true that if you dont have anything lined up you wont get a job or you'll get stuck in a rut as someone above suggested. I graduated in July. I had nothing lined up, was majorly stressing. I randomly applyed for a job at the BBC in June and I started work 5 days after I graduated!

You just need to be persistent. Keep an eye out on job websites, look at companies you're interested in and see if they have jobs going, send out your CV etc. Use your career advice service at uni, they'll help you out as well.

Dont stress too much though.
Hey schmeeble thats great news, what do you do for the beeb?
Reply 9
black_mamba
Hey schmeeble thats great news, what do you do for the beeb?
i think he might be a Media Management Operator :wink:
Yeah but the title might as well be in bloody Spanish for all I know, I meant it literally; what do you do all day for them?

Latest

Trending

Trending