The Student Room Group

Do people mature over the holidays between GCSE and A Level?

I had this problem with these ex-friends during my GCSE years and I recently told the teacher who's head of sixth form about it near the end of Year 11. She said that she won't talk to them at the moment because she said that from her experience, people usually mature over the holidays from Year 11 to 12. She said if that doesn't happen with them by Year 12 then she'll sort it out.

You see, these ex-friends I'm talking about are really disturbed. They have these sick, twisted brains with the most dirtiest minds that have ever spawned on this earth. Can you think of anything dirty associated with an Oyster Card? A normal person wouldn't be able to. But they did.
So you can see what I'm dealing with here. They annoy the hell out me and insult me quite a lot.

So do you think these guys will mature over the holidays?
Maybe you need to stop being such a pussy and bring in a bucket of oysters on your first day and just start pelting the kids with them shouting "HOW'D YOU LIKE DEM OYSTERS?" over and over again.
Reply 2
I'm not sure about whether they will mature but I find that people mix differently when you start sixth form any way. There's people I used to see all the time at GCSE but then when I went to 6th form I hardly eve see. Just ignore them if they do annoy you but to be honest they will probably go off their own way when you come back. People really do!
I know what you mean, most people in our year are immature, but some of them have started to mature this year and hopefully the really immature ones start to mature in year 12 too :smile:

Most people tend to drift apart around this stage too, so their personalities could be influenced etc..
Reply 4
I matured a month before my gcse exams...when it was abit too late :s-smilie:
Reply 5
No, most mature after they flop their January exams
People didn't mature much over the holidays but matured massively over the course of the year, particularly after Jan exams, which for some provided real shocks, and starting uni stuff when people realise we are leaving for good in under a year. Just ignore them, besides having a laugh isn't the end of the world.
Reply 7
People making dirty jokes with friends.
Whatever has the world come to?
I did notice that when we got to college everybody matured a bit, albeit not instantly but pretty quickly.
Reply 9
People from my school that acted like idiots generally acted up even worse at college because they got cocky with all the 'free lesson time'. Needles to say they failed out at AS. I think AS year got rid of the majority of people that acted up throughout school in my college to be honest.

However like said above, those that do mature do so quickly :smile:
No.
I don't know if it's quite the same thing, but in my year a lot of people who messed around for GCSE started working really hard in sixth form. They were still kind of immature though I suppose.

Latest