The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Buxtons
Dude just stfu before i slap you with my knob

go and discuss this with hitler or something, and judging by your photograph id say you fell off the ugly tree or smth, seriously dont start bringing this supremist crap up here, even if you watched a tv programme with it on, you dont have to advocate it, and what IDIOT believes a BBC documentary LAWL.

tit.

Just to add. Some of the top wordl scientists concluded information about our genetics and appearance. Watch it :smile:
Reply 21
TheCurlyHairedDude
Just to add. Some of the top wordl scientists concluded information about our genetics and appearance. Watch it :smile:

Some of the top scientists were loopy enough to believe that the earth was flat, in fact there are societies still today that believe this, Go figure.

I really think this is a load of rubbish, you seem to think your blessed with superior genetics, when really its a load of rubbish, please give me some scientifically proven BACKED up evidence that mixed race people have superior genetics to white black or asian people.

Iv'e never heard such tripe in my life, and the fact you think your also better looking than all over races is just ridiculous.
I don't really care about my face, but if I shut my eyes you can see that my left is slightly slanted, which you can't see at all when they're open. I have a pretty symmetric face, more so than others, but I'm not prettier than other people because my eyes and mouth and nose line up. I think it depends on features more than symmetry, people make too big a deal out of it.

Don't worry! You're probably very nice looking. Honestly, nobody analyses your face as much as you yourself will.

When a group of scientists paid to do that sort of work interviews people who've had that programmed into them, what are they going to get? Not original information.
Buxtons
Some of the top scientists were loopy enough to believe that the earth was flat, in fact there are societies still today that believe this, Go figure.

I really think this is a load of rubbish, you seem to think your blessed with superior genetics, when really its a load of rubbish, please give me some scientifically proven BACKED up evidence that mixed race people have superior genetics to white black or asian people.

Iv'e never heard such tripe in my life, and the fact you think your also better looking than all over races is just ridiculous.

I don't know I think, hence " generally ". Of course it would be a bit pedantic to say all mixed race people are better looking, which is why I haven't stated it. But you need to understand that in " general ", mixed race people have better genetics. This consists of having better facial symmetry, hence more attractive. A simple google should find some articles on the issue. I'm done arguing, you can't seem to decipher the simplest of information so..... it's pointless.

Oh and anyone that thinks the earth is flat is a ******* dumbass lol
Reply 24
TheCurlyHairedDude
I don't know I think, hence " generally ". Of course it would be a bit pedantic to say all mixed race people are better looking, which is why I haven't stated it. But you need to understand that in " general ", mixed race people have better genetics. This consists of having better facial symmetry, hence more attractive. A simple google should find some articles on the issue. I'm done arguing, you can't seem to decipher the simplest of information so..... it's pointless.

Oh and anyone that thinks the earth is flat is a ******* dumbass lol

Your information is a load of rubbish, and its a load of rubbish because you THINK and don't KNOW for certain. If your going to make such strong statements, without substaintial evidence dont expect people to agree with you on them.

I could find a ton of information on the internet that would disagree with everything you say, or say that blonde haired and blue eyed people are superior to all others, the last person that held such extreme views was a genocidal maniac, go figure, please.

My point is, it isn't scientifically proven, there is circumstantial evidence for everything, and because you THINK and don't know for FACT, your whole argument is a load of rubbish, and i find your statement that your race is superior to all others quite offending.

It's not about 'deciphering' simple information, the only information you have given me is YOUR opinion. And it's a very strong, quite a racist opinion at that.

If i walked round the streets saying that white people were superior genetically to every other race then i would be put behind bars or beaten up. Ridiculous.
Reply 25
actually, studies have shown
"Very asymmetric faces are judged rather unattractive, but very unattractive faces are not necessarily asymmetric. And vice versa : very symmetrical faces need not necessarily be judged attractive and very attractive faces often show deviations from perfect symmetry (see report!). Based on our results, symmetry only seems to be a rather weak indicator for attractiveness. Often it is even difficult to distinguish between the original and the perfectly symmetrical version, because irregularities in shape are rather insignificant. Therefore, the strong influence of symmetry that has been reported in the scientific literature over and over again is questionable."

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/phil_Fak_II/Psychologie/Psy_II/beautycheck/english/symmetrie/symmetrie.htm

Quite an interesting read
Reply 26
Gotta remember, lots of pictures are edited in the media unfortunately.

My face is asymmetrical. I have a wonky nose and my mouth isn't symmetrical.
But hey, my genes decided what I'd look like.

No one will notice unless they're looking for these features. And people who judge purely on looks are shallow anyway :smile:
Reply 27
The studies are ********.

They might actually take account of what is, in a certain way, 'artistically' better, or what should be preferred from a common sense point of view, but people in those studies nearly always are responding to this instead of the ideal of beauty (I'd bet my top dollar that the samples (photographs) use regular looking people.) Anyways, think of an average looking person you know. Think of them as perfectly symmetrical. Are they now beautiful? It's doubtful. Now think of a beautiful person you know. Imagine them with asymmetrical features. Are they ugly? Of course not. A good example is Colin Farrel:

Also Johnny Depp's nose is pretty asymmetrical, to cite another example. The rest of his face isn't exactly the epitome of symmetry either.

I always find it quite amusing that a bunch of emotionally retarded psychologists conducted a study and now think they've cracked beauty. It's more to do with facial proportions/features than anything.

Latest