The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starsdream2
Today's episode was amazing.
Old Merlin was hilarious.

I know! I love how Arthur recognised something in him. It shows that Arthur knows Merlin well enough to recognise something familiar even when he looks so...aged :smile:. Very nice touch.
Getting really really really really tired of Uther. :colonhash:

"You're a spoilt, arrogant brat, with the brains of a donkey and the face of a toad."

Hahaha.... oh Merlin, how I love you. :biggrin:
This episode was absolutely hilarious knowing Colin Morgan was the old guy putting on the voice and doing all the facial expressions lol I have no idea how Bradley/Arthur kept a straight face during that, I bet there are something brilliant outtakes!

I also loved the romance too - all-in-all, perhaps my favourite episode so far :smile:
Reply 183
Hahah have to admit that was a funny episode "dragoon" :laugh: - but bit annoying how they just completely ignore now the direction the romance was taking in series one - I don't think I'm imagining it, but I was sure gwen used to like Merlin & Arthur like morganna a bit (& vice versa) - though for obvious reasons that story line is scuppered now. But also, a bit exaggerated how suddenly Morganna has done a complete 180 in terms of her character & gone all 'evil'.
Good episode but Gaius should be killed off me thinks.
Original post by Potential Trigger

Nooo. :frown: Caregiver of Merlin, he's pretty necessary in the drama, I think.

Kill Uther. :mad:
^ I concur with both thoughts; Gaius is awesome, Uther is not. How dare he try to burn Gwen at the stake?!
Original post by Potential Trigger

WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?? :eek:
Original post by Fjarskafinn
Nooo. :frown: Caregiver of Merlin, he's pretty necessary in the drama, I think.

Kill Uther. :mad:

No lol. Uther has class, great acting, he plays his role well. :wink: I don't want him to die! Every program needs an antagonist, I really like him.

Gaius on the other hand is quite simply a "nodding dog." It was humerous at first but now it's getting boring! He says the same thing every week.

"Is it really Merlin." "Are you sure."

Lol unless they develop his character further, he should be burned at the stake, maybe that will finally wipe off that poker face, he simply has no expression :eek: Although Merlin's house will never be the same again without the court physician and his potions :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by The Cello Ninja
WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?? :eek:

See my reply above!
Reply 190
Old Merlin was so weired, but absolutely hillarious :smile: I loved how when he was insulting Arthur, we just got a shot of Gaius rolling his eyes XD
However, OHMALIFE! - why do they do this all the time?? I was really looking forward to the dynamics of the show changing, but everything's back to normal again. Like I knew it would be ¬¬ This programme's starting to get quite boring.
(edited 13 years ago)
They had so much potential for Morgana to find out it was Merlin and then that he had magic. Or maybe they did and it will be revealed later :holmes:

She seemed darn curious as to who it was.
:wizard: Morgana looked so hot in today's episode :sogood:.

Other than that, today's episode didn't do it for me. I have to say that it was rather boring :boring: - there has been no progress at all, apparently Gwen and Arthur are back to square one.

No other person has found about Merlin, at least let Morgana know, so that she will know who she is competing against.

And Uther is really getting on my nerves - why can't he just die? :huff:
(edited 13 years ago)
I loved it! actual progression from Gwen and Arthur! I mean I know they're back to square one now but they've been pretty tame so far and this episode was actually them being able to be honest about how they felt and show how far they'd go for each other.
Loved old Merlin, hilarious! I liked the fact that he called Uther out on how hes been acting
Reply 194
Morgana's a bad ass mother shut you mouth. :lol:
Reply 195
Old Merlin was hysterical, I seriously thought he was going to get rumbled though when he turned back and Arthur came speeding round the corner. I wish, wish that Morgana had gone down and spoken to him though when he was in prison and questioned him a bit- surely she'd want to know who this old man is, and why he's come in and hijacked her poultice? :lol:

Gwen and Arthur, I like the two of them together. It's taken me over a series to become even vaguely interested in their story line, but they've grown on me over the last few eps. (Although for me, Merlin/Arthur bromance and Merlin/Morgana still owns every time). Shame we're back to square 1 again with the two of them though in regards to Uther; having Gwen out of the loop for a couple of episodes (if she'd been told to leave Camelot, as I'm sure Uther's going to get bumped off soon, plus I've seen some epic pics from episode 12!) would've put a lot more pressure on Merlin I think in terms of balancing Arthur and Morgana.

Despite what I've just said, I did really enjoy the episode; you can feel the whole atmosphere around the castle becoming increasingly pressured. Something's going to give soon. . .
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 197
Wow. I just saw "Queen of Hearts" and it was an amazing episode! No stupid filler episode. Probably one of the best Merlin episodes I've ever seen.I loved the music, direction, how it was filmed, the script, everything! The place where Gwen met Arthur outside Camelot was beautiful, and looked like it almost belonged in a dream!:smile: Gwen was really pretty as well . The romance was a little more believable. It's a little annoying that things go straight back to square one though. But it was also more believable that it happened like that.

Colin Morgan proves again why he's so damn brilliant. Old Merlin was hysterical and hilarious!:lol: I can't remember having laughed so hard at a Merlin episode! I love Colin! This is how Merlin should be!

And next episode has Harry Mellin (Dudley Dursley in Harry Potter) playing a magical person. Oh the irony:wink:.. Looking forward to that as well! Merlin is my favourite telly show and I love it when it's this good.
(edited 13 years ago)
I was a bit suprised they used they used an aged Merlin because it is speculation that the wizard they met in the area where the crystal caves where him (I don't know if that's a spolier or not). Plus apparent the episode aired out of production order the phoenix one was meant to be after this.
LOVE Merlin!
How cute is he! His little smile!!! Awwwwwwwwwww :smile:

Latest