The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by Slumpy
Also, doesn't anybody feel Merlin should maybe learn some healing magic? Seems like it could be handy(eg Isolde).

Doesn't he already know some healing magic? He healed Gwen right in episode 11?
Original post by Person1001
Oh and when did Morgana suddenly start being good at using the sword - better then trained soldiers!

Original post by Slumpy
I made that exact point to my family when we were watching it:p:
Also the bit where they were trying to sneak into camelot, whilst all wearing huge red cloaks...

Original post by This Honest
I know right?
Can't believe she took them out with no trouble, well apart from the last one :colone:

Morgana proved her abilities with a sword in the first series when Merlin went to Ealdor as that warlord was forcing the villagers to pay him tribute. Episode 10, 'The Moment of Truth'.

Arthur sees either Merlin or his friend Will using magic, Will dies and so Merlin implies that it was Will who caused that tornado thing to save the day.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Morgana proved her abilities with a sword in the first series when Merlin went to Ealdor as that warlord was forcing the villagers to pay him tribute. Episode 10, 'The Moment of Truth'.

Oh. :colondollar: still, the guards could have put a better fight :lol:
Reply 1163
guys i didn't get to watch
how was it
wat happened ???????
Original post by This Honest
Oh. :colondollar: still, the guards could have put a better fight :lol:

Weren't they the knights? They wear the red capes. I did laugh at how poor some of they were.
Weren't they the knights? They wear the red capes. I did laugh at how poor some of they were.

Yes, knights, that's what I meant.
The thing that I notice is that when the main characters are present during the fighting, the knights do better, but when the main characters, merlin arthur, close knights to arthur are not there, they pretty hopeless :tongue:
Morgana escaped the castle pretty quickly and stealthily for someone on the most wanted list with no magic who had just been stabbed...
Original post by Bella Occhi
Morgana escaped the castle pretty quickly and stealthily for someone on the most wanted list with no magic who had just been stabbed...

I think she used some form of constructed spell that had already been set, as when Merlin threw her back, when they entered the room she was gone - so possibly she had set a form of counter-magic / a magic item in her room which when triggered, teleported her away to safety (maybe incase Old Merlin beat her).
Original post by rmhumphries
I think she used some form of constructed spell that had already been set, as when Merlin threw her back, when they entered the room she was gone - so possibly she had set a form of counter-magic / a magic item in her room which when triggered, teleported her away to safety (maybe incase Old Merlin beat her).

I reckon if that was true, the writers would have put it in - I think it was just a convenient disappearance, similar to how she's been sneaking in and out of the castle all season without ever being caught :lol:
Original post by Slumpy
Slightly annoyed at Merlin not showing off his magic a bit more. Somebody use a fireball or something instead of just force push!

THIS!

First of all Merlin has some really big cool looking spell book, and Morgana is supposed to be some great dark sorcerer - its about time they used some decent magic! Its like watching Lord of the Rings again when Gandalf gets brought back from the dead to use the magical power of "omgz theres a torch on the end of my staff".

Pretty poor episode really, it was all a bit easy how they got through the gates - surely they would keep them closed? And Merlin really needs to show his magic, he could have at least done something subtle and then make Arthur suspicious of him next series.

Also with the sword - was that the same magic sword from earlier series and why was it in a rock?
Reply 1170
Original post by 04ghicks
THIS!

First of all Merlin has some really big cool looking spell book, and Morgana is supposed to be some great dark sorcerer - its about time they used some decent magic! Its like watching Lord of the Rings again when Gandalf gets brought back from the dead to use the magical power of "omgz theres a torch on the end of my staff".

Pretty poor episode really, it was all a bit easy how they got through the gates - surely they would keep them closed? And Merlin really needs to show his magic, he could have at least done something subtle and then make Arthur suspicious of him next series.

Also with the sword - was that the same magic sword from earlier series and why was it in a rock?

End of series three, I think. Someone did post a video earlier on regarding it.
I think that the incredibly cute dragon saved her because:

1) he was young/didn't understand or
2) saw that she might have been good inside, as we saw her hesitating throughout the episode re killing everyone
Reply 1172
Original post by norg
Doesn't he already know some healing magic? He healed Gwen right in episode 11?

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that. So heal Isolde/Arthur/anyone once in a while!:p:

Arthur sees either Merlin or his friend Will using magic, Will dies and so Merlin implies that it was Will who caused that tornado thing to save the day.

Yes, but she also fights Merlin with a sword end of series 3. And he's rubbish, and still holds her long enough to drop rocks on her:p:
Good finish to the series..but I'm a bit confused about Morgana disappearing. Also, if I remember correctly, I thought that the dragon was insistent that nobody other than Merlin should wield that sword? And that dragon at the end..was that the same one that hatched out of the egg that Merlin saved?
(edited 12 years ago)
Well this is it, the episode we have all been waiting for. Where Merlin finally reveals to Arthur that he has magic....

Oh.........
Original post by Person1001
Oh and when did Morgana suddenly start being good at using the sword - better then trained soldiers!

She was always good; she was using a sword well when Merlin's village was attacked in the first series :smile:.
Reply 1176
Poor end to the series. Merlin still hasn't revealed his magic and the anticipation of him doing so is getting quite boring.

Random dragon saving Morgana? Erm, OK. But will she still have her powers? That thing thing under her bed, if it is kept will it contain them?

And Gaius was on his deathbed. What a miraculous recovery!

:facepalm:
Disappointing finale.

* Merlin continuously sucking up to Arthur like a sycophant; Arthur didn't even apologise for his threats about having Merlin sent into exile.

* Merlin ninjas in and out of the castle, heck, he manages to get into Morgana's chamber's effortlessly!

* Merlin plants random plot device.

* As mentioned above, producers did not have the guts to kill off Gaius

As for Morgana, I don't know, her character doesn't quite size up to

Spoiler

imo, Morgana being saved by Mordred or whatever his name is would've been a much better ending.
Original post by Ascendansy
Disappointing finale.

* Merlin continuously sucking up to Arthur like a sycophant; Arthur didn't even apologise for his threats about having Merlin sent into exile.

* Merlin ninjas in and out of the castle, heck, he manages to get into Morgana's chamber's effortlessly!

Spoiler

imo, Morgana being saved by Mordred or whatever his name is would've been a much better ending.

Same - I was expecting Mordred to appear - if Morgana turns good all of a sudden, I am going ape on this programme! lol I also love how us die-hard Merlin fans are still discussing the show on Christmas. Merry Xmas to all! :biggrin:
Reply 1179
Original post by Ascendansy
Disappointing finale.

Spoiler

I was hoping that Nimueh would save Morgana at the end, would make a great next season with Nimueh somehow returning :biggrin:

Also, did Arthur not wonder how Merlin managed to kill Aggravaine and all his men when Merlin went to 'cover their tracks'?

Latest

Trending

Trending