The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If that's the case, the producers really ought to stop giving Morgana unwarranted "power-ups". She's pulled out more magic than Merlin has for the entire duration of the series. :|
Just to inform merlin fans that there is a free ebook for kindle on the Arthurian Legends. A quick scan confirms that the two dragons will fight each other and one of them will die
Original post by Ascendansy
If that's the case, the producers really ought to stop giving Morgana unwarranted "power-ups". She's pulled out more magic than Merlin has for the entire duration of the series. :|

The fact she is using more magic than merlin is just down to the fact she doesn't have hide it as a secret. Although for someone who learnt of their talents after merlin, she has managed to catch up quite fast.
Merlin withdrawal symptoms are starting to kick in now... :s-smilie:
Original post by elitepower
The fact she is using more magic than merlin is just down to the fact she doesn't have hide it as a secret. Although for someone who learnt of their talents after merlin, she has managed to catch up quite fast.

This is what the producers have been doing, elitepower:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AssPull

:tongue:

Click around, there are some interesting tropes describe Merlin as a whole, dangerously well.
Reply 1245
Original post by Person1001

Original post by Person1001
Just to inform merlin fans that there is a free ebook for kindle on the Arthurian Legends. A quick scan confirms that the two dragons will fight each other and one of them will die

They've not been keeping to the arthurian legend all that well, but I feel this is likely.

They're supposed to fight waaaay before Arthur though, when Merlin's a boy. Although that's how he's first discovered, so it'd be interesting to see if they do anything similar here - whether this'll be how Arthur finds out about Merlin's magic.
Original post by Ascendansy
This is what the producers have been doing, elitepower:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AssPull

:tongue:

Click around, there are some interesting tropes describe Merlin as a whole, dangerously well.

Scary how it can fit so many shows well. I still think they could have used that though, maybe in flashback so we could have explored Morgana's "year out". Would be a decent episode.
We've all gone over to the Sherlock or Doctor Who threads, haven't we? :biggrin: How's everyone coping without Merlin?
Original post by Oliviaonthetrain
We've all gone over to the Sherlock or Doctor Who threads, haven't we? :biggrin: How's everyone coping without Merlin?

Pretty well really. I don't watch too much TV but always seems to be a replacement.

Plus I have a Merlin calendar, kindly given to me by my sister for Christmas.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Pretty well really. I don't watch too much TV but always seems to be a replacement.

Aww, that's awesome! :biggrin: I got season 3 and part of season 4 for xmas and I've been watching episodes and commentaries non-stop. I do miss it though! :smile: And I miss the Merlin fandom, of course :biggrin:
Reply 1250

Sherlock for me at the moment..when's dr who back?:p:
Original post by Slumpy
Sherlock for me at the moment..when's dr who back?:p:

I heard the Doctor's back in the fall - I still have lots of episodes to watch. I've always been caught up with other stuff - apparently Sherlock and Dr Who have the same writers behind them... Naturally this is what occurs in my mind:*An epic meeting between Dr Who and Sherlock Holmes* Mind blown just thinking about it!
I heard the Doctor's back in the fall - I still have lots of episodes to watch. I've always been caught up with other stuff - apparently Sherlock and Dr Who have the same writers behind them... Naturally this is what occurs in my mind:*An epic meeting between Dr Who and Sherlock Holmes* Mind blown just thinking about it!

didn't you see the Tardis hidden in the woods of the latest Sherlock ep? Saw it in the paper today, don't know which scene but its in the background:biggrin:

Me too, courtesy of my mam :grin:.
Original post by maxcartwright
didn't you see the Tardis hidden in the woods of the latest Sherlock ep? Saw it in the paper today, don't know which scene but its in the background:biggrin:

Quick, someone tell me is this real or is this fantasy??? I must know!! Don't joke with me! lol :biggrin: Ah, I've been on Tumblr too much for Merlin and Sherlock... Just kidding, there can never be too much Tumblr for one day :colone:

Brilliant.

I got the first three series on DVD for Christmas. Very happy about that!
I've only recently watched Sherlock Holmes, bad of me to have neglected the show, I know. Hoping to marathon series 1 sometime tomorrow.

Other shows I'm currently watching include House, Supernatural and Dexter.
Reply 1257
love Merlin
Reply 1258
Original post by Aula
Not impossible. Trade links with Egypt? :wink:

Aahhahahh most definately! :wink:
I miss Merlin.

I became a fan of Merlin in January 2009. Seems like yesterday.

Latest

Trending

Trending