The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Postgrad academic/social life?

I'm considering studying a postgraduate degree at PaIS in the upcoming academic year (I'm late, I know - the PG PaIS team keeps bugging me to accept my offer :wink:) and I unfortunately don't have much time left to decide. Due to personal circumstances I didn't think of leaving London until end of last week, even though academically speaking my Warwick offer was my first choice.

Due to going abroad in a few days I have to make a decision quite fast and I really hope some of you can help me by telling me something about the postgraduate 'scene' at Warwick.

- What kind of students are there predominantly?
- I've heard many times that there's a quite large East Asian student population there, especially in the social and nature sciences. Is this the case and do they only stick to each other or are they approachable?
- Is there usually a certain 'bonding' going on or do most PG students work on their own?
- How's the contact to your professors/lecturers? Do most of them actually care? Do PhD opportunities develop naturally?

I've applied for accommodation back in July on the 31st at around four minutes before the deadline but haven't heard back yet except for an email that would say that I'd get my accommodation offer/rejection in September. Does anyone know the specific date? And, would it be hard to find a place on your own in Coventry/Lemington Spa so close to the beginning of the year and possibly without visiting beforehand (I'm going abroad in a few days until end of September)?

Thanks a lot for any advice and suggestions :smile:

Latest