The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Psyk
Well the OP said his mum is a single parent and there was no mention of his dad contributing anything, so I didn't want to make assumptions.

Well if the system allows you to claim more money then it would be stupid not to. I've always said the same thing about EMA. I don't agree with how it works, but if someone turned down free money they are legally entitled to then I'd say they're pretty stupid.

But they aren't entitled to it. You are suggesting they should move where they live just to claim for the money, which isn't truthful about where their home really is.
Reply 21
MovingOn
But they aren't entitled to it. You are suggesting they should move where they live just to claim for the money, which isn't truthful about where their home really is.

I suppose. It depends exactly how they define where you live. I guess there probably is some kind of minimum time you have to have lived there for it to count as your home, so you probably wouldn't get more money if you moved in with your other parent just before starting uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending