The Student Room Group
Uni interviews are usually quite mundane affairs: why do you want to do the course, why that uni, what do you know about the course (modules, assessment style etc), do you think you can manage the courseload (particularly if working part-time), future plans.

I would expect that you would find out quickly - possibly even at the end of the interview. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
SemperVivum
Uni interviews are usually quite mundane affairs: why do you want to do the course, why that uni, what do you know about the course (modules, assessment style etc), do you think you can manage the courseload (particularly if working part-time), future plans.

I would expect that you would find out quickly - possibly even at the end of the interview. Good luck :smile:

Thanks. I shouldn't think it will take too long to interview me, and they're pretty straightforward questions I can cope with :biggrin:

Feels a bit strange going to university at my age and a little daunting!
Reply 3
I had an interview as a mature student and he whipped out a test!
Reply 4
BandManDan
I had an interview as a mature student and he whipped out a test!

:eek3:

What kind of test?!Did you pass it.. and what were you wanting to study?
Reply 5
it was the strangest thing, questions like "tell me, what is interesting about water?" and loads of other random physics-biology-chemisty mix and mash stuff. I was there for zoology. To be honest the guy was a prick. He seemed to detest mature students. He came out with patronising statements such as "we have a lot of of people who realise they're not getting anywhere so decide to come to uni".

He offered me a different course saying that he doubts anyone will offer me the courses I wanted because of my education background. I then informed him that his university had already offered me the Environmental Science degree (his face dropped at this). In the end I was accepted by York and Exeter so I took those.
Reply 6
BandManDan
it was the strangest thing, questions like "tell me, what is interesting about water?" and loads of other random physics-biology-chemisty mix and mash stuff. I was there for zoology. To be honest the guy was a prick. He seemed to detest mature students. He came out with patronising statements such as "we have a lot of of people who realise they're not getting anywhere so decide to come to uni".

He offered me a different course saying that he doubts anyone will offer me the courses I wanted because of my education background. I then informed him that his university had already offered me the Environmental Science degree (his face dropped at this). In the end I was accepted by York and Exeter so I took those.

I agree, sounds like a prick to me!! I am glad you got what you wanted though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending