The Student Room Group

Ive messed uni up.

I started uni this time last year in 2004 and did psychology but then changed my mind and withdrew to do sport and leisure in february 2005. Now Ive decided to do a combination of both BUT the psychology examination board did not know that I had withdrew so kept referring me without me knowing (this was while i was doing sport). Ive just had a letter through the post that Ive failed all the psychology modules and if I repeat them can only get 40%.

What should I do?
Thanks
The same thing everyone always recommends people do when things like this happen - phone the uni or faculty in question, and explain to them the mistake. You'll find out what to do from there.
Riddy
I started uni this time last year in 2004 and did psychology but then changed my mind and withdrew to do sport and leisure in february 2005. Now Ive decided to do a combination of both BUT the psychology examination board did not know that I had withdrew so kept referring me without me knowing (this was while i was doing sport). Ive just had a letter through the post that Ive failed all the psychology modules and if I repeat them can only get 40%.

What should I do?
Thanks

If you formally changed courses, and you have letters proving that, then you could appeal that decision.
Talk to people. Believe it or not, they usually want to help.
Reply 4
Personal tutor springs to mind. Take all your written documentation with you and let him fight the case for you-that's part of his job. If no joy there then there are other avenues.

But talk to the department and staff first of all-again your personal tutor may be able to intervene on your behalf.
Reply 5
ancientone
Personal tutor springs to mind. Take all your written documentation with you and let him fight the case for you-that's part of his job. If no joy there then there are other avenues.

But talk to the department and staff first of all-again your personal tutor may be able to intervene on your behalf.

lol I don't even have a personal tutor at first I did but when I changed course they just swapped me over and that was it. :redface: I didn't really see the need of having one so just went along with things and concentrated on my work.
I'l ring the uni :smile: Thanks for the help guys
Reply 6
I wouldnt say you have messed up, just ring the uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending