The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Meekle72
Well Im 19 going on 20, and I have a lot of friends who are 21+. People won't be like 'oh god he's old, let's not talk to him'. You'll be new just like everyone else, and only a couple of years older than people, it's not like you're a 40 year old man trying to get down with the kids. :laugh:

Well one of my close friends at uni is a 40+ year old woman, so...

I am a 19 y/o bloke btw. So 21 wont be an issue i think :P
Reply 21
Nah, I've seen people start at that age, no problems.
Reply 22
ddorie
yes, but I guess you're doing it part-time or something, but I'll live in a residence hall, will be a full-time student, etc, the full university experience lol.

Nope, I'll be doing it full-time, I'll be moving quite a distance from where I currently live, giving up my job and throwing myself into the full university experience... and coming out with a 1st :p:
My girlfriend is 26 and is entering her 3rd year at uni. :smile:
Reply 24
Rubbish. Most of the people in my Access induction week were a good 3-5 years older than me, and I'm 20. Don't worry.
Reply 25
I'll be 27 when I start. I took part time language classes last year at my local University, and the majority of the people in the classes were over 21 (some as "old" as 40+), doing full time degrees. :smile:
Reply 26
God, what sort of question is this? You have people in their 40's and 50's posting on here and you actually think YOU are too old for school?

You should be smacked in the head.
ddorie
Is age 21/22 too much to start university?
I'm applying to university for September 2011, but I'm 20 now and will be 21 when start 1st year - I went to a 5-years-long bilingual high school and have a gap year after that)
Does it count 'mature'?
Isn't it too late for starting university? (Watching that a lot of the people finish university in this age...)

you never too old or young for that matter ddorie to start university and dont let anyone else persuade you otherwise.I was 29 when i first went to university and i wasnt the oldest mature student there at that time either.:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending