The Student Room Group

Deloitte Assessment Day

Hi, I got an email inviting me to an assessment day and is says;

'Please bring with you your original GCSE and A-level or equivalent certificates, and your degree transcripts.
No offer of employment will be forthcoming until we have had a sighting of your relevant certificates.'

But i'm unsure what they mean by 'degree transcript', so was wondering if anyone knows what they mean?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is the piece of paper you get with your degree certificate that states the grades you got in individual modules. If you haven't graduated yet you just need something that states your module grades so far. For me this was online so I would have just printed that page.
Reply 2
stosie
This is the piece of paper you get with your degree certificate that states the grades you got in individual modules. If you haven't graduated yet you just need something that states your module grades so far. For me this was online so I would have just printed that page.

Oh i see thanks.. I have an Assessment Day next tuesday, and if successful, I will be invited to an interview.. I thought this was the other way round?.. This is for a Summer vacation scheme btw
Reply 3
stosie

I just took my A-level and GCSE certificates, and passport.. She then checked it against by application and said everything was fine.. The Assessment Day was very straight forward and quite fun.
Reply 4
TSR King
I just took my A-level and GCSE certificates, and passport.. She then checked it against by application and said everything was fine.. The Assessment Day was very straight forward and quite fun.

Is this for the Deloitte Summer Vacation scheme? What area did you apply for? How was the assessment day? I'm sending off my application now.
Vesta
Is this for the Deloitte Summer Vacation scheme? What area did you apply for? How was the assessment day? I'm sending off my application now.

what i found with the people who were there with me was youd have an interview with someone who went yo your uni (if thats possible)
Reply 6
Vesta

I applied for the professional rotation scheme at Reading. The assessment day was a very straight forward e-tray exercise.
Reply 7
TSR King
I applied for the professional rotation scheme at Reading. The assessment day was a very straight forward e-tray exercise.

Was there no Partner interview or group excercise? Or does this take place at a further date?
Reply 8
The partner interview takes place at the end of the vacation scheme and there is no group exercise unless you are applying to consulting.
Reply 9
stosie
The partner interview takes place at the end of the vacation scheme and there is no group exercise unless you are applying to consulting.

Correct.
Reply 10
Oh ok, the whole application process seems alot more straight forward with Deloitte :smile:
Im just finishing up my application.
So does the process go : online application - Online tests - Telephone interview? - E-tray excersise - Then offer?
Reply 11
Nope, it goes:

online application - Numerical test - Verbal reasoning test - Telephone interview - E-tray excersise - Final Interview - Offer
Reply 12
TSR King
Nope, it goes:

online application - Numerical test - Verbal reasoning test - Telephone interview - E-tray excersise - Final Interview - Offer

How did your E-tray thing go?

I have mine next week. Is the E-tray exercise the only thing you do? In the email, it says that it will last "2.5 hours" .... that's a long time to be doing that exercises isn't it?
Reply 13
gunners
How did your E-tray thing go?

I have mine next week. Is the E-tray exercise the only thing you do? In the email, it says that it will last "2.5 hours" .... that's a long time to be doing that exercises isn't it?

Yep, its the only thing.. Its 1 hour for the inbox activity thing, and the 40mins for the written exercise.. and like 15mins before like an introduction and stuff, and abit of time after just talking bout the next stage and filling in travel expenses form.. Mine said 'c. 2.5 hours' too.. but lasted about 2 hours.. I passed it, and got the final interview soon.. what office you applying too?
Reply 14
TSR King
Yep, its the only thing.. Its 1 hour for the inbox activity thing, and the 40mins for the written exercise.. and like 15mins before like an introduction and stuff, and abit of time after just talking bout the next stage and filling in travel expenses form.. Mine said 'c. 2.5 hours' too.. but lasted about 2 hours.. I passed it, and got the final interview soon.. what office you applying too?

London mate.

Is it all pretty straight forward, common sense stuff then?

Good luck with the interview.
Reply 15
gunners
London mate.

Is it all pretty straight forward, common sense stuff then?

Good luck with the interview.

Yeah man, theres no way you can really prepare for it.. All the answers are in the info provided.. And some just require your opinions... Heres a plan to make things easier;

- My toolbar was already on the side of the screen, if yours isnt then drag it from the bottom to the side.

-Then theres 3 folders with infomation in, and each folder has 4/5 pieces of info in them.. open each folder and each piece of info in them, and basically on a piece of paper write the name of each folder and the pieces of the info in them, in the same order as u open them.. and keep them open thru out the whole thing...

-This was, if a question requires you to see which team member is available in a certain week, you can see on your piece of paper that this is in under 'availabilty' and is number 5, so jus click on tab 5 on the toolbar on the left and your sorted.. tbh, u dnt even need to write it on a paper, coz if u make the toolbar wide enuff, u will be able to read it anyway..
Reply 16
TSR King
Yeah man, theres no way you can really prepare for it.. All the answers are in the info provided.. And some just require your opinions... Heres a plan to make things easier;

- My toolbar was already on the side of the screen, if yours isnt then drag it from the bottom to the side.

-Then theres 3 folders with infomation in, and each folder has 4/5 pieces of info in them.. open each folder and each piece of info in them, and basically on a piece of paper write the name of each folder and the pieces of the info in them, in the same order as u open them.. and keep them open thru out the whole thing...

-This was, if a question requires you to see which team member is available in a certain week, you can see on your piece of paper that this is in under 'availabilty' and is number 5, so jus click on tab 5 on the toolbar on the left and your sorted.. tbh, u dnt even need to write it on a paper, coz if u make the toolbar wide enuff, u will be able to read it anyway..

Ah doesn't sound too bad. Cheers for the advice :yy:

Where else have you applied to?
Reply 17
gunners
Ah doesn't sound too bad. Cheers for the advice :yy:

Where else have you applied to?

PwC, KPMG, EY, GT..

PwC- havent heard back
KPMG- rejected
EY- passed the interview, now waiting for date for the last stage, assessment centre.
GT- sent application off 2days ago.

you?
Reply 18
TSR King
PwC, KPMG, EY, GT..

PwC- havent heard back
KPMG- rejected
EY- passed the interview, now waiting for date for the last stage, assessment centre.
GT- sent application off 2days ago.

you?

EY - AC next week

Those are the only two i've applied to :lol:

Im wanna send off a couple to investment banks but so far been to much of a lazy ****
Reply 19
gunners
EY - AC next week

Those are the only two i've applied to :lol:

Im wanna send off a couple to investment banks but so far been to much of a lazy ****

Kool, maybe you can give me some tips on the EY AC :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending