The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Moving In To Imperial College London

I am going to be a first year student studying Biochemistry at Imperial College London.

When will the accomodation allocation be told? Has anyone been sent letters concerning it?

When will I be able to move in to my accomodation?

What do I have to do when I arrive?

Where to register and pick up keys? Take photos? Join clubs? I heard that Freshers' Fair is on Tuesday 5th Oct. What other stuff are going on in that week? Will lectures start straight away?

Thanks to you all in advance for your reply \(^_^)/
suzanna_xx
I am going to be a first year student studying Biochemistry at Imperial College London.

When will the accomodation allocation be told? Has anyone been sent letters concerning it?

Where to register and pick up keys? Take photos? Join clubs? I heard that Freshers' Fair is on Tuesday 5th Oct. What other stuff are going on in that week? Will lectures start straight away?

You'll get better answers in the Imperial College sub forum; there's a thread on accom there already :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1390796

And as regards literally everything else you asked (arrival, registration, freshers' and all), you should receive info/links to info from College over the course of the next month. But yeah, this will probably get moved to the Imperial College sub forum anyway
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
suzanna_xx

When will the accommodation allocation be told? Has anyone been sent letters concerning it?

Lots of the accommodation has now been assigned, if not all of it, and letters should be coming to you with the details in shortly.
The move-in date should be the first weekend of October, i.e. Saturday 2nd or Sunday 3rd. You'll turn up at halls, go to a registration desk, tell them who you are and you get your keys an college ID (if you've got it sorted by then).

On the Saturday, the Union is hosting the "Mingle" which is where freshers can meet each other and have a chat. Other than the Freshers' Fair everything else is dependent on your course and your halls.

Lectures will normally start on the week after Freshers' Week, but you never can tell.
Reply 3
Do you have to move in during the weekend? Because my dad wants to bring all my stuff a week before. Saturdays are really busy for my dad's business so he doesn't really want to close the place on Saturday.
Takoyaki
Do you have to move in during the weekend? Because my dad wants to bring all my stuff a week before. Saturdays are really busy for my dad's business so he doesn't really want to close the place on Saturday.

The 2nd is the earliest anyone can move in.

On 2 October 2010 or 3 October 2010, as the halls will be closed for a week prior to this date.

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectiveugstudents/faqs
Reply 5
alterbridge06
The 2nd is the earliest anyone can move in.

:eek3: AAGH!!

oh well, I'll move in on 2nd and get my dad to bring stuff on 4th then. :p:

no worries, thanks for the help

Latest

Trending

Trending