The Student Room Group

Bristol Medical School Applicants - 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
rio345
what are your academics like--probs double mine...

no they just about meet the entry requirements, i got 2.5 A*, 7A's n a B at GCSE, AABB at as n im predictd A*AAA.
Reply 61
I've applied here! :smile: Good luck everyone.
Reply 62
Has anyone recieved an e-mail acknowledging your application? My application was processed on 30th september, but still heard nothing yet...??
:hi: I just made a pointless thread for 2011 bristol medics, turns out this thread already existed :rolleyes:

anyway, good luck to us all!
Acknowledged today :smile:
Reply 65
Hi everyone, another Bristol appicant here! When did everyone send off their applications? Mine was fairly close to the deadline and i'm wondering whether they are bothered about when they come in...

Thanks and good luck! :smile:
Reply 66
mkilcooley
Hi everyone, another Bristol appicant here! When did everyone send off their applications? Mine was fairly close to the deadline and i'm wondering whether they are bothered about when they come in...

mine was processed on 30th sept i think, but as long as its before 15th oct it okay:biggrin:

I just got confirmation from med school. A nervous wait now:s-smilie:
Bristol Bristol Bristol Bristol Bristol.

Fingers Crossed!
Reply 68
Another Bristol applicant here :smile: Good luck everyone...
Reply 69
Got my e-mail acknowledgement yesterday! Anyone know when we start hearing from them? Looked on last years Bristol thread and some had heard by end of October!!!!
Reply 70
I got my acknowledgement email last week :smile:
Reply 71
Anyone????
lauren9331
And about the competitiveness, surely a possible explanation is its lack of entrance exam which potentially weaker candidates would like to avoid hence people who do badly in the ukcat(therefore most likely have lower academic standards) apply... Soo if youre a good student it shouldnt be AS worrying as it appears...?
:no: It's the uber BMAT-ers who don't want to apply to UKCAT unis.
princezrrr
writee a really good personall statementt n maybe u might get lucky :-)
im taking a risk with my application too, gt 590 in my ukct ;-(
They don't use UKCAT :confused:
rio345
but my friend had like 9A*s at GCSE and 2As with 3As and B at AS and got rejected-i wont stand a chance with my gcses?
I have 2A*s and I got an interview last year. There is hope.

EDIT: Also had AABB (Maths, Economics, Chemistry, Biology) at AS (and a B, missed an A by 2 UMS, in General Studies)
(edited 13 years ago)
mkilcooley

Nope. Random order.
Reply 76
Hey! I got my acknowledgement today :biggrin: Well excited now guys! :smile:
Finally been acknowledged!
Reply 78
I recieved an e-mail from the med school at Bristol saying they recieved my application. Is that the acknowledgement?
Reply 79
Original post by pan_93
I recieved an e-mail from the med school at Bristol saying they recieved my application. Is that the acknowledgement?

Yes it is. For anyone who hasn't had the email yet:
"Interviews will be held on Friday 26 November, Friday 3 December, Monday 20 December, Friday 14 January, Wednesday 19 January, Friday 28 January, Monday 7 February, Thursday 17 February, Tuesday 22 February, Friday 11 March, Wednesday 16 March, and Thursday 24 March."

Ah, I'm checking my email constantly for any more acknowledgements or interviews! Nothing so far :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending