The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Different people find different things harder/easier. Which interests you more and which is the most valuable if you want to apply for a specific university course later?
i would say go for chemistry because if you don't know something you can work it out if you think logically like the mechanisms
Reply 3
i like biology but i get better grades in chemistry
so i am really confused
Which one do you like more? I found Biology easier, but choose whichever one you will benefit from most. For example, do you need a certain one for a uni course you may be considering? Do you want to develop certain skills that one subject may require?
They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'll boil out the similarities for you:

Biology: More information to remember than Chemistry. In this sense, it is easier as you need to learn facts and there will be fewer skills to hone and practice (principle - you know it, you know it)

Chemistry: The amount of knowledge required is less and what you learn you apply more by using skills and techniques picked up during the course. Therefore, more logic is required. Could be considered easier as you have to know less and work things out in the exam)
do the one you like doing, because when it gets down to the tough stuff your going to need to like the subject lol
Reply 7
i dont really need one for uni, just to get me through college, and biology does sound like my kinda thing e.g learning facts
Reply 8
Been checking through some chem n bio revision guides n chemistry certainly looks easier as there is a lot of calculations involved and in Biology there is a lot of facts to learn. If your good at memorising go for bio
Reply 9
Hanz_a93
Been checking through some chem n bio revision guides n chemistry certainly looks easier as there is a lot of calculations involved and in Biology there is a lot of facts to learn. If your good at memorising go for bio

im not too good at calculations reli ....
swagge
It may sound weird, but are you any good at foreign languages?
The amount of vocabulary related to AS biology is huge, so it depends on how your memory works

Haha I'm good at foreign languages and I'm far superior at Chemistry and Biology :-P.

(Logical languages such as German are my forte haha)
Biology, all you need to do is memorise the whole textbook and you're sorted.
Reply 12
Personally, I found biology way easier.
Reply 13
tany_rulz786
im not too good at calculations reli ....

I wasnt either. Until i did em like a million times and my brain finally clicked. Its all about practice and then you suddenly see the easy logic of it all. Trust me take chemistry u wont regret it...
Reply 14
OCR Chemistry is in general easier than OCR Biology

Latest