The Student Room Group

natural science vs pharmacology

hey everyone,

so i am stuck at deciding whether to apply to natural science or pharmacology at UCL.. and i would really appreciate if anyone can give me some advices.

first question i have is regarding the career prospects:
which degrees do you think will lead to a better job? coz i really
dont know what natural science can do, but with pharmacology you can at least be a pharmacist, am i right?

Also, if, i dont want to work after graudated but instead want to go into medicine, which one of out the two would makes me look better or have a better chance on the application?

lastly,would i be disadvantaged for pharmacology since i dont have bio?? (i know they dont require it, but still..) i do the following subjects in ib: HL chemistry, physics, maths SL business, languages

thanks
Andre09
but with pharmacology you can at least be a pharmacist, am i right?

Nope, you need a masters in pharmacy to be a pharmacist.
Reply 2
Andre09

but with pharmacology you can at least be a pharmacist, am i right?

Nope, you have to do the 4 year Undergraduate MPharm course. Since it's a second undergraduate course you'll be paying the full tuition fees (without government subsidies). Of course this is followed by a pre-registration year before you are a licenced pharmacist.

Pharmacology is a research/industry focused degree rather than a professional degree like pharmacy.

Latest

Trending

Trending