The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cicerao
I got a well done card, **** yeah TSR.

I got two cards!! :p:
I got 4 cards, messages on facebook, and was taken out for dinner. The fact that I know my hard work actually paid off was my best 'reward' though. :smile:
Reply 42
Freerider101
I got two cards!! :p:

Thanks for making me feel unloved. I'm going to go sit in the emo corner now. :colonhash:
My dad said "Well, those were the grades everyone expected you to get weren't they?". Not one to make a fuss.
Reply 44
I got more than I expected. Relatives who I didn't even think knew what GCSEs were sent me fivers and my mum paid for an impulse buy - socks with swirls on them.

:biggrin:
thebestusernameever
>Dinner out at a Chinese restaurant.
>Dinner at Chinese restaurant.
>Dinner.
>You don't need dinner.

green text is only funny on 4chan. doesn't really work on tsr. but nice try faggot
Reply 46
I got £100 for getting a C in GCSE Maths - which I had been predicted to fail since I was in Year 1. I was convinced I'd failed, as were my parents. (The word's 'I'm just going to the cashp...erm...shop now' spring to mind) I was so happy with that C!
(In my whole class, only 3 people passed. It was the second set from bottom. The bottom set just never turned up...)

And for the rest of my results (4A*'s, 4A's and 3B's)? My parents made more of a fuss over my Maths grade... (I <3 my maths grade :smile: )
Cicerao
Thanks for making me feel unloved. I'm going to go sit in the emo corner now. :colonhash:

It was from the same person twice though! One was meant to be for me, other for my sister, but they got confused and wrote my name on both cards. So really it only counts as one :rolleyes:
caroline147
My stepsister got a car and a new phone for getting CCC, I got nothing :h:

:lolwut:

i probably would have gotten shot in the face if i got CCC
Reply 49
What i don't get is when people get crappy A levels and then their parents STILL buy them junk??? Gal i know failed to meet her grades and her parents bought her a blackberry to show how proud they were of her. Granted, if she'd achieved the best of her ability, and that was still poor perhaps a gift as reinforcement would be understandable, but she's been made that offer and was then too lazy to work for it, some parents are weird :dontknow:

I got nothing for GCSE's , nothing for AS and then a pair of boots for A2 (cos i'm going to a big campus uni and had no sturdy walking boots to take.)
Remarqable M
Congratulation! is the last A* for biology?:p:

Haha yes! I remember you :biggrin: :biggrin: How did you do?
Reply 51
My results don't really matter now, but for applying for re-sits and getting ready for year 13, mum, grandparents and step-dad paid half of my £5,000 to get my Lapierre. :smile:
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Haha yes! I remember you :biggrin: :biggrin: How did you do?

B, 2 marks off an A:frown: I'm so happy you got an A* :wink: if only I did better on the practicals I would have got an A. I'm glad you remember me most of them have forgotten me:lol:
Reply 53
A university spot?
£700 for AS results that I could have done better in TBH.

I feel ashamed :emo:
Reply 55
Holiday to Paris last week
I got £5,000 for my A2 levels.
Actually no joke- my parents said they'd pay for my accommodation and buy me everything I needed for uni including books & that if I got the grades I needed.
They'd been saving the money since I was born :biggrin:
I got to keep my residence in this great country
I got £10.
My family weren't that impressed with my results.
Reply 59
I know someone who got a near thousand quid laptop for passing their exams, mostly with Cs :lolwut: I don't grudge her it (hell, who'd turn that down?) but damn, I'd be lying if I wasn't a tad jealous

Latest

Trending

Trending