The Student Room Group

Fat people

Ok this isn't a troll thread, I'm just voicing some concerns I have about the way some obese people behave and the way they expect us to behave towards them - like we owe them something.

After coming back from America I was disgusted to see Fat people, taking up these little supermarket buggies they have for old people - it's they're fault they are fat so they should live it. Also I hear about fat people taking disabled parking spaces (citing fatness as the reason -which is ridiculous) and being allowed a free extra seat on flights (Which is also utterly ridiculous).

I think that these fat slobs should either get on the treadmill and/or put up with the inconvenience that is their weight. Anyone else agree? /rant

Scroll to see replies

I agree with most of your argument actually..
But some people can't help it.. I.e low metabolism
People try various diets.. And even opt for surgery..
So in some sense.. It could also be looked at as a medical condition?
Reply 2
For ***** sake, get a life.
Reply 3
Cool story bro.
Reply 4
Another one of these threads? Really?
Reply 5
why is it in vogue to insult fat people? GET OVER IT. Its not your body therefore why the concern?
I agree. However, I also support flogging for apostrophe misuse. That and you have to consider the (minority) of fat people who have a slow metabolism.
tbh the world isn't made for obese people, it's not sustainable (and I'm not being self righteous having weight to lose myself and all). When you look at doors, houses, beds, office desk sizes, shop aisle and cars you have to be within a certain (human) size to use them as well as the amount of food people must eat to become obese (which I can't imagine but the size of some people appears that they must eat hundreds of pounds worth of food a week).
Really people should let themselves get obese, I mean putting on a few pounds or even stone is so easy to do but to get so big that you can't even walk and need someone to wash you or whatever?!?! idk
Reply 8
I basically agree with you, without feeling the need to get all ranty about it. Some people can't help it, don't forget that.
Reply 9
We seemed to turn against smokers because they used so much money on the NHS and we helped the problem so will we now turn against fat people?
People have a right to be fat if they want to be.

People have a right to not get abused for their weight for no reason.

They do not have a right to get things for free because of their lifestyle choice. Pay for a second seat if you need it :angry:
I'm a bit chubby, although my BMI is healthy and I've been shedding kilos for months. I would say that I eat a fair amount, but I have a considerably higher-than-average metabolism that is very beneficial in keeping my weight at a manageable level. I still have serious difficulty comprehending the amount of disrespect for your body that you have to become truly obese, though. I thought I ate a lot, and I was only ever a bit fat, but to have droopy manboobs and be unable to see your genitalia must require some sort of extra effort and a ridiculous amount of food.

I won't discriminate against the obese for being what they are, that would be like discriminating against any other lifestyle choice - stupid, but I don't see why I should be somehow be deferential to them. Except in rare cases, being obese is through lack of self-control and willpower, lack of self-respect. They by and large chose to be obese, and in many ways it's worse than smoking or alcohol abuse as a way to damage the body. You can damn well pay for your own lifestyle choice - don't expect the government to buy you a whalemobile because you chose to be too fat to walk, or to pay for renovations to your house because you're too fat to fit through the doorways. That's money that should be being used to adapt the homes, pay for the care and increase access of the genuinely disabled.
Reply 13
This is just like drug abuse or whatever - it's absolutely fine if that's the lifestyle choice you decide to make, but don't then expect the NHS to pay for your liver replacement.
it's those fatties who smoke, drink and eat junk food that get me!:stomp: :rant: :mad2: :eviltongue: :huff:
Okay a lot of obese people can't walk more than a few steps, literally. And if you tried to push them to walk further not only would they be in complete excruciating pain but they would probably have a heart attack and keel over and die.

So your suggestion that they just hop on a treadmill is completely ignorant and unrealistic.

As for the supermarket mobility scooter thing, would you suggest that fat people simply shouldn't go shopping? You know, they might actually be going in to buy something other than cakes, believe it or not. And what are they supposed to do if they can't walk more than a few steps? Roll around the shop?

Yes, they need to lose weight, but that doesn't happen overnight.

So, basically, stop talking rubbish.
i think you're making a gross generalisation here.. there's idiots in all forms of bodies, you can't just say fat people are all jerks because it isn't true.
People are lazy, people eat too much, eat too much crap, do little to no exercise - they become obese and unfortunately this obesity problem is costing the NHS and the taxpayer an arm and a leg.

If you have a low/slow metabolism, do exercise, eat more frequently and in smaller portions, this'll soon increase your metabolism.

Too many excuses for obesity these days and people are being too lazy in trying to lose their flab - going for pills and operations rather than making an effort to lose their flab via the healthy eating and exercise route.
Jackeeeee
why is it in vogue to insult fat people? GET OVER IT. Its not your body therefore why the concern?

This :yep:
Reply 19
thebestusernameever
Ok this isn't a troll thread, I'm just voicing some concerns I have about the way some obese people behave and the way they expect us to behave towards them - like we owe them something.

After coming back from America I was disgusted to see Fat people, taking up these little supermarket buggies they have for old people - it's they're fault they are fat so they should live it. Also I hear about fat people taking disabled parking spaces (citing fatness as the reason -which is ridiculous) and being allowed a free extra seat on flights (Which is also utterly ridiculous).

I think that these fat slobs should either get on the treadmill and/or put up with the inconvenience that is their weight. Anyone else agree? /rant

Theres a raft of these anti-fat threads posted almost daily in this shít heap some call a forum.
Whenever do they get allowed a free seat? I thought common policy was always to charge 2 for 1...and even if not, why would you want to put a price on common human decency? Maybe the airlines, as they are providing a service for customers, should make bigger seats than dictate how large we should be, we're already paying them for the privelige of our transit!

You're a bellend anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending