The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
thebestusernameever
Why did you do that? Fat is fat.

Well I don't know how fat you're talking, some of the people you mentioned are clearly obese but you might also be talking about slightly overweight people for other parts which I wouldn't classify as fat.
.Ali.
Well I don't know how fat you're talking, some of the people you mentioned are clearly obese but you might also be talking about slightly overweight people for other parts which I wouldn't classify as fat.

I'd classify anything above a BMI of 25 as fat.
thebestusernameever

I would classify you as an idiotic and ignorant troll.

Get lost.

"I BET YOU'RE FAT".

No I'm not.
Reply 43
thebestusernameever

Exactly, that's only slightly overweight which I wouldn't say was fat personally, but I guess it's subject to opinion. It's actually been proven that slightly overweight people live longer. Plus, they're more fun to hug! :biggrin:
Reply 44
thebestusernameever
Let me guess you're fat...Seriously though if you don't like it just don't post meaningless spam.

Does this mean you're going to assume that each person who don't like this trend is fat? Grow up, idiot. :facepalm:
Jackeeeee
why is it in vogue to insult fat people? GET OVER IT. Its not your body therefore why the concern?

It is when I have to sit next to them on the plane for 11 hours and not only do I have to sit sideways so as to be able to fit (and even then I am pressed against their wobbling sweaty treetrunk of an arm and bulge of bellyfat which rolls over my armrest like an oily jelly waterfall frozen in time.) but it is impossible to sleep / listen to headphones with the rhythmic richter 9 wheezing as he struggles to intake enough air to stay alive.
cowsgoquack
It is when I have to sit next to them on the plane for 11 hours and not only do I have to sit sideways so as to be able to fit (and even then I am pressed against their wobbling sweaty treetrunk of an arm and bulge of bellyfat which rolls over my armrest like an oily jelly waterfall frozen in time.) but it is impossible to sleep / listen to headphones with the rhythmic richter 9 wheezing as he struggles to intake enough air to stay alive.

I admit that's what made me make this thread.
Reply 47
thebestusernameever

In that case, don't generalise. I would be what you classify as "fat" but I don't use disabled parking spaces or mobility scooters or even come close to needing two seats on an aeroplane. I also don't actually eat that much, and I am fairly fit. Not that you'll believe me of course, as you're obviously very narrow-minded.
Reply 48
thebestusernameever

Also I hear about fat people taking disabled parking spaces (citing fatness as the reason -which is ridiculous)

and being allowed a free extra seat on flights (Which is also utterly ridiculous).

I think that these fat slobs should either get on the treadmill and/or put up with the inconvenience that is their weight. Anyone else agree? /rant

For obese people they usaully have some form of heart issue, so walking long distances from the store to their car is possible or they'l have a stroke. Just saying some people have the issue (lul)

As for extra seats, i doubt they get a free extra seat, usaully for a extra seat you have to pay extra or / unless the person who was ment to sit next to you doesnt come or saw you and thought DAMN and sat somewhere else on a plane which isnt packed.

But i do agree with you being obese isnt a disability since you can prevent / cause it and you can reverse the effects of being obese i.e losing weight. Did you hear that the NHS was planning on paying obese people to loose weight as a goverment incentive scheme which i find is even more riduculous.

Ok your obese and you dunnah how to loose weight, the goverment should / could provide a incentive scheme that gave them gym passes or a discount in order to reduce the obesity levels in Britain
i know
i think it's terrible them acting like it's a disease, and taking privelidges from people that can't help it, but it is a problem that should be helped all the same. most people that are obese may have had problems in the past and used the food to comfort them. it is a dire shame :colonhash:
Reply 51
thebestusernameever
Ok this isn't a troll thread, I'm just voicing some concerns I have about the way some obese people behave and the way they expect us to behave towards them - like we owe them something.

After coming back from America I was disgusted to see Fat people, taking up these little supermarket buggies they have for old people - it's they're fault they are fat so they should live it. Also I hear about fat people taking disabled parking spaces (citing fatness as the reason -which is ridiculous) and being allowed a free extra seat on flights (Which is also utterly ridiculous).

I think that these fat slobs should either get on the treadmill and/or put up with the inconvenience that is their weight. Anyone else agree? /rant

I agree with some of your points, but it's not right to generalise to all fat people.
Some people are obese due to genetics, or their metabolism, and one mustn't forget that obesity is an eating disorder and I do put it in the same category as anorexia/bulimia. Some large people struggle with life and their mental state just as much as anorexics - it's just at the other end of the spectrum.
However, I do agree that if they CAN lose weight then they should at least try, because it is possible to lose A LOT of weight regardless of whether they're obese or not.
Reply 52
I'm not agreeing with the way you've put your arguement but I agree the only this that facilitating their fatness is going to do is reinforce it and in some cases encourage it for the perks.
No such thing as a slow metabolism, fat people use it as an excuse.

I just don't understand why they would let themselves get like that, if they cant walk 10 yards without having a heart attack, its their own fault (with a few exceptions). It's not like they were like that all their life, they are just lazy, get in people way and look disgusting.

Although they do provide a good laugh when they fall :yy:
Megaloblastic
No such thing as a slow metabolism, fat people use it as an excuse.

There is such thing as a slow metabolism... men can eat more calories (notice the daily calorie intake thing?). I would say I have a 'fast metabolism' because I can eat what I like and not put on weight. I'm lucky to be naturally slim. Maybe slow/fast metabolism isn't the right term, but some people do put on weight more easily than other people.

However, this is not an excuse. At the very most it's an excuse to be slightly chubby and not stick thin. It's not an excuse for obesity. I accept many people have to work harder than I do to maintain their weight. But that's how life goes, stop crying and put down the burger fatty. (Unless they want to be fat. Look at Dawn French - if they want to be, they can.)
lightburns
There is such thing as a slow metabolism... men can eat more calories (notice the daily calorie intake thing?). I would say I have a 'fast metabolism' because I can eat what I like and not put on weight. I'm lucky to be naturally slim. Maybe slow/fast metabolism isn't the right term, but some people do put on weight more easily than other people.

However, this is not an excuse. At the very most it's an excuse to be slightly chubby and not stick thin. It's not an excuse for obesity. I accept many people have to work harder than I do to maintain their weight. But that's how life goes, stop crying and put down the burger fatty. (Unless they want to be fat. Look at Dawn French - if they want to be, they can.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/treatments/healthy_living/your_weight/medical_myths.shtml

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0846/is_1_23/ai_107488078/

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/slow-metabolism/AN00618

So those say there is such a thing as a fast/slow metabolism which is determined at birth, and men have a faster metabolism than women, which I was correct about.

However, I stand corrected about it being an excuse to gain some weight... metabolism gets faster as you put on weight, meaning it should be easier to lose it again if the person can be bothered. And that most people who claim it to be a slow metabolism are lying to themselves (misreporting how much they eat).
cowsgoquack

:biggrin: good describing!
Having a BMI of over 25 is defined medically as 'overweight' and over 30 is obese. Although I agree that there is a trend to knock fat people you see tv programes all the time about it and threads on here. Some people who are naturally slim maybe don't realize how difficult it is for fat people to lose weight. Edit I'm not fat or overweight.
Guy Secretan
Having a BMI of over 25 is defined medically as 'overweight' and over 30 is obese. Although I agree that there is a trend to knock fat people you see tv programes all the time about it and threads on here. Some people who are naturally slim maybe don't realize how difficult it is for fat people to lose weight. Edit I'm not fat or overweight.

Yes it is difficult, but they shouldn't have let themselves get to that stage in the first place.

Latest

Trending

Trending