Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

enrolment

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What exactly do we need to bring for enrolment.

also, as i have a uncodnitional offer with ucl, i recieved a letter for offer of admission, so will i need to bring this, or will i recieve another admissions letter. And i just wanted to know, as the majority of people had conditional offers, did they also recieve this formal letter of admission or will it be coming to you shortly.

Thank you very much.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/new-students/enrolment

"Please ensure you bring your passport and visa if applicable, a copy of this email and your formal offer of admission to UCL with you when you come to enrol." - from the email I got, I'm sure you'll get that soon if you haven't already.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    formal offer of admission, is that the letter you get before or after results?

thanks
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Letter after your results from your department.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This thread was created like 3 days ago. Here is what TSR thinks:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1389856
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I jus wanted to ask, waterstorm, have you recieved your letter of admission?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you'll get it soon enough if you haven't.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scabo0o)
    This thread was created like 3 days ago. Here is what TSR thinks:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1389856

Eeeek sorry, posted this in completely the wrong thread.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waterstorm)
    Yeah, you'll get it soon enough if you haven't.
    What does the formal offer of admission to UCL look like? I have this one letter from UCAS which says gratz you got in, is that it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhjana)
    What does the formal offer of admission to UCL look like? I have this one letter from UCAS which says gratz you got in, is that it?
    Hey, im not sure if its the actual formal admission letter, but since i already had my grades and hence got an unconditional offer, i recieved a letter in like june, which had my name, course title, duration, fee amount, etc on it, from my course department. So i'm now assuming that this is the offical admission letter, since you haven't got it yet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmah)
    Hey, im not sure if its the actual formal admission letter, but since i already had my grades and hence got an unconditional offer, i received a letter in like june, which had my name, course title, duration, fee amount, etc on it, from my course department. So i'm now assuming that this is the offical admission letter, since you haven't got it yet
    I got that letter as well i think. It has got exactly the same things on it as you said, but it was sent before i sent them my grades and proved I got in for real.

It does mention enrolment so it could be the real deal. The first sentence begins: "Thank you for accepting UCL's offer of admission..." Which does sound awfully like a formal offer of admission tbh.

Waterstorm says he received it after the results : S
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhjana)
    I got that letter as well i think. It has got exactly the same things on it as you said, but it was sent before i sent them my grades and proved I got in for real.

It does mention enrolment so it could be the real deal. The first sentence begins: "Thank you for accepting UCL's offer of admission..." Which does sound awfully like a formal offer of admission tbh.

Waterstorm says he received it after the results : S
    yhh man thats the same one i got, maybe we shud ask waterstorm, and ask him what his recently recieved letter says
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I received mine about a day after results day.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noogle)
    I received mine about a day after results day.
    what exactly did it say? is it how i described my letter as?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The letter of admission they are talking about is the one UCAS sends you after results day saying you have an unconditional offer at UCL etc etc..

It has the code AS12 in the top left hand corner.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmah)
    what exactly did it say? is it how i described my letter as?
    Well, as the poster above me said, it is 'AS12 Confirmation Letter' and the first paragraph goes:

"Congratulations. This letter confirms your place and any agreed changes at University College London (University of London) for the *course title*, subject to your meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions. The course starts in September 2010 with a point of entry 1."
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noogle)
    Well, as the poster above me said, it is 'AS12 Confirmation Letter' and the first paragraph goes:

"Congratulations. This letter confirms your place and any agreed changes at University College London (University of London) for the *course title*, subject to your meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions. The course starts in September 2010 with a point of entry 1."
    Ok thanks, got that one

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 4, 2010
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.