The Student Room Group

really really confused about a levels

im doing chemistry and history, and then two out of french, english lit and politics.
i reaaaally like english, reading and stuff especially books with a historical setting etc
i dont want to get older and wish i'd learnt a language. i love the french language and i'd love to be fluent. also the teachers are good and the class sizes are small.
politics - my mum (who is a head of sixth form) thinks i should do this because it is an 'easier one' that she thinks i will do well in. history is my favourite thing so i think i'd enjoy this too. i know the teachers really well and im scared a levels will be too hard for me :|

which ones would you do and why?

btw my GCSES : 5A*s (chem, bio, english lit, history, maths) the rest As with 4 marks off an A* in french and a B in geog

thanks
I think you should do what you like the best because people usually tend to do well in the subjects they actually enjoy studying.
Reply 2
i like them all
Reply 3
well if you love history, politics would accompany that well, and yeah your mum is right it is considered a "soft subject" but still well regarded by uni's. If you love french, go for it, just work hard at it. To be honest you have the rest of your life to enjoy literature, but this is a good time to learn french.

Latest