The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
^no, just some of us have a more enlightened idea of where our national interest lies: in rather than out of the EU. Petty nationalism and flag waving didn't get anyone anywhere.
Looks like someone has mistaken my humour for an genuine opinion. :rolleyes:
Reply 222
aaran-j

Looks like someone forgot the smilie :wink: But even so, just because your point was silly, doesn't mean someone can't respond with a sensible one :p:
Drogue
Looks like someone forgot the smilie :wink: But even so, just because your point was silly, doesn't mean someone can't respond with a sensible one :p:

That of course, is a matter of opinion. :p:
Reply 224
aaran-j

Throw a smilie in there next time! It doesn't come across well in text otherwise :biggrin:
Reply 225
aaran-j
That of course, is a matter of opinion. :p:

In part. But it's pretty clear that "petty nationalism and flag waving didn't get anyone anywhere" :p:
Drogue
In part. But it's pretty clear that "petty nationalism and flag waving didn't get anyone anywhere" :p:

I wouldn't say that. The American's seem to do nothing but "petty nationalism and flag waving" and they're getting on ok.
As it has already been established, it is well within our national interest to remain a part of the EU.

It is laughable that so many nationalist Brits want to leave. They would be the first to cry when they realise that Britain would no longer hold the same weight in world affairs.
I am pleasantly surprised at the superb decision taken by the TSR community on this :h:
Personally, I'd put the victory down to whoever drew the 'yes to europe' banners. :proud:

Seriously, I thought this one was a goner, I obviously underestimated TSR members ability to think independently.
Reply 230
I thought the 'no' campaign might have swung it too. Oh ye of little faith...
Yahoo! we won hahah
SciFiBoy
I am pleasantly surprised at the superb decision taken by the TSR community on this :h:

This.
Drogue
I'd like to declare this a victory for pragmatism. The people of this great land would not be swayed by the emotive arguments that foreigners are somehow running our country or that some great power grab is going on to take away our rights. Instead they thought about what we get from Europe and have declared strongly, and correctly, that we are better off in.

Though I would temper my triumphalism as the number of people voting no does suggest the need for reform, for a solution that takes into account that many people do not feel the EU in it's present state is as good as it should be. Many here have acknowledged the need for reform, and we must drive through that reform to create a Europe that works even better for Britain.

Lastly, it leaves me to offer my congratulations and condolences to the No campaign for a campaign well fought, but ultimately lost. I believe my sentiment here is best summed up with a simple picture:

:mfing:

:innocent:

hahaha :rofl: brilliant!:p: :wink:
Remarqable M
Yahoo! we won hahah

I begrudgingly congratulate you. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending