The Student Room Group

Think I may have made a mistake in deciding to go to university....

So I've just sat my A-levels, I got 2 Cs and a D after being 2predicted 2Bs and a C. I applied for Primary Education Initial Teacher Training and got offered conditional places - both of these offers fell through as my grades weren't good.

My top choice offered me an alternative course involving working with children, it won't give me a teacher qualification, I'll have to do a teaching course on top of my degree.

I accepted this course as 1) it still involves working with children 2) it's my top university choice 3) no where else will get me onto a teaching course with my grades and 4) The idea of doing my A-levels again wasn't a good one. I move to uni in merely 2weeks.

But now I'm starting to feel really unsure. I don't know if it's just nerves about going to uni (I'm moving 3hours away from home) or whether I've made a mistake as I'm 95% sure I still want to become a primary school teacher. :confused: :frown: :frown:

Please, any help or advice anyone can offer would be great. Thanks.
Reply 1
I had a friend who had worse grades than yours and she just got into Marjon in Plymouth for the teacher training degree.

as you said, you can still become a primary school teacher, it might just take a while longer to get there. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending