The Student Room Group

AS cash in

So, today was my first day back at school and we were told about cashing in our AS grades so we can declare them on UCAS. My head of sixth form told me that since I am applying to Veterinary Medicine it would be best for me to cash in my grades so I can declare them. The question I'm asking is, do most people cash in their grades?

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies :smile:
Reply 1
Hello.. im not 100% sure about this, my college declared everyones results.

Because some colleges/schools/people declare their results and some people dont, the vet schools cant really take them into account, as you cant knock someone with low AS results that are declared as you never no about the results that arent declared, it could give people an unfair advantage/disadvantage.

if you got good results then why not declare them, BUT im pretty sure they arnt really used as an indicator for wether to interview or not due to the fact not all are declared and it would be unfair.

predicted grades are what are used.
Reply 2
Rachhyyyy
Hello.. im not 100% sure about this, my college declared everyones results.

Because some colleges/schools/people declare their results and some people dont, the vet schools cant really take them into account, as you cant knock someone with low AS results that are declared as you never no about the results that arent declared, it could give people an unfair advantage/disadvantage.

if you got good results then why not declare them, BUT im pretty sure they arnt really used as an indicator for wether to interview or not due to the fact not all are declared and it would be unfair.

predicted grades are what are used.

Thank you so much :smile:
That was everything I needed to know, I will just wait and see what my head of sixth form decides.

Latest

Trending

Trending