The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Parents

So next sat/sun are your parents dropping you off???

mine are and im dreading it-my mum tearful whilst my dad examines the room (going to the residence office if there is even the tiniest of flaws). Then i can see them going to the head of security and making them keep a cctv camera on my accommodation at all times to make sure im safe 24/7(or at least they will try!! haha.) Actually i cant wait to have alittle bit of time away form them!!!

so how are yours coping??? better than mine????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My parents sound like the exact replica of yours. My dad will probably no doubt inspect the lads in my corridor too asking about criminal records and such and how loud they choose to play music.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
mine arent to bad , my mum will be tearful, since im in grizedale i expect that they will be scornful of the room and my mum will try and tidy up and clean the entire of the ground floor. but hey it will be fun :-D
ahaha my parents are the exact opposite! my dad is taking me n dropping me off, i doubt he will even look at the room for more than 3 mins haha, mums not coming i don't think either! thank god for that! such an embaressment lol :redface: should be fun being essentially by urself for the first time

<<Lew>>
Reply 4
my dads at work on the saturday so my mum is meeting me up at the uni. we live about 15 mins away, so im going up with my car packed full of my stuff, and my mums then going to meet me for the whole registration thing we have to go through. should be interesting!!!
Reply 5
well im glad there will be other ppl in th same position!!! actually as im on a mixed floor my dad will most probably talk to the guys in some 'i know where you live' type tone.
i might just make them help me get my stuff up to my room and send them away to one of those parent welcome talks!!!
Reply 6
I sent my parents to the paretnts welcome meeting and sat in my room for a while waiting for everyone to arrive.

Prop your door open so everyone can see in when ythey walk past. As soon as your parents have gone get yourself into the kitchen and meet everyone.
Reply 7
I'm going with my mum, my dad, my step dad and my 16 year old sister.

My other sister and my step mum aren't coming, as I don't really get on with my step mum and my other sister is only 22 months old so she would be in the way lol.

But already it's causing problems. My dad says he will feel awkward if my step dad is there, because my sister insists on coming there will be less room in the car (luckily my dad will come down in his too) and I can just see it being a total disaster.

I'm still nowhere near ready. Sorted out most of my paperwork today so hopefully that's one less thing to worry about.
Reply 8
Smiley_Me
I'm going with my mum, my dad, my step dad and my 16 year old sister.

My other sister and my step mum aren't coming, as I don't really get on with my step mum and my other sister is only 22 months old so she would be in the way lol.

But already it's causing problems. My dad says he will feel awkward if my step dad is there, because my sister insists on coming there will be less room in the car (luckily my dad will come down in his too) and I can just see it being a total disaster.

I'm still nowhere near ready. Sorted out most of my paperwork today so hopefully that's one less thing to worry about.

My little 10 year old sister is coming so shes bound to be fun.

I know what you mean about space...at first i thought i didnt have much to bring and now im worrying about not having enough space!!!!

im not organised at all......i keep making lots of lists of what to bring but then dont follow them through by packing them!!!
Reply 9
tana
My little 10 year old sister is coming so shes bound to be fun.

I know what you mean about space...at first i thought i didnt have much to bring and now im worrying about not having enough space!!!!

im not organised at all......i keep making lots of lists of what to bring but then dont follow them through by packing them!!!

I still have loads to do, but I keep forgetting what!
Reply 10
I don't intend to start packing until Saturday.

Hell I only just tidied my room for the first time in 4 months last Sunday.
My mum, dad and sister are coming with me... Mum and me will be crying, sister will be sarky and dad will make loud comments about anything and everything he approves/disapproves of. Should be a laugh! We have to set off at like half eight too... Three hours in the car, fun fun fun. They shall be going to the parents thing when we get there, haha. :wink:

Anyway, I'm packing now, having my birthday party Saturday and then it's off to uni Sunday. This week is MAD.
Reply 12
Yeh, anyone know what time we have to arrive on Sunday. I live in Leeds so its about 2 and a half hours in car.
Reply 13
Can be any time from about 9-6 I think. I'm getting there early though. Lucky for me I only live 20 minutes away.
Reply 14
Im getting there around midday-hoping that i wont be the first person in the flat to arrive.

Smiley_Me
I still have loads to do, but I keep forgetting what!

Make lists!!!....not only do you not forget things but it takes up time......which means that saturday comes sooner!!!
I am I the only person going on my own?!

I feel so left out!
Reply 16
Going with my Dad and my Brother. Brother will be handling the tech stuff as he's more likely than I to overcome any teething problems quickly. Need Dad to drive the me there...

Suspect he'll want to go to the Parents talk but that'll probably depend on how early we get there and sorted out. We're intending to leave early morning and get done before the main rush appears so we might be left with a decent span of time between then and the talks.

Will figure it out at the time, im sure. Imagine it's quite likely we'll figure out we've left something at home or forgotten it alltogether so a trip into towns always a possibility :biggrin:
Reply 17
i think im setting off quite early as well, i dont want to be stuck the midday in queues upon queues. atleast if its busy in the morning it will all be done with by midday! then i can start to relax and meet people.

who else is going on the saturday? do we actually register that day, or do we have to register sunday? can anyone tell me. thanks.
stevo87
i think im setting off quite early as well, i dont want to be stuck the midday in queues upon queues. atleast if its busy in the morning it will all be done with by midday! then i can start to relax and meet people.

who else is going on the saturday? do we actually register that day, or do we have to register sunday? can anyone tell me. thanks.

I'm going on Saturday. I think we register on Monday - there's info on the introweek web site I think.
Reply 19
danjc
I'm going on Saturday. I think we register on Monday - there's info on the introweek web site I think.

cool thanks for the info man. will look out for saturday night in pendle bar! u can buy me a drink! hehe :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending