Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Can I get any photo ID without a passport/driving licence?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok long story short; I need some photo ID but dont have a provisional driving licence and my passport has expired. I will be applying for a new passport soon but I need more photos and I cant have any new photos until I have my haircut (I have fairly long hair and cant keep it off my face really which means its invalid!?). Without a current passport I cant apply for a provisional licence and I cant apply for any other form of photo ID which is credible i.e. PASS accredited, etc.

Does anyone else have any other ideas? I can last not going clubbing for a while but I just need something to get some cigs or drink from shops. Yes I am 18 but apparently places wont take my expired passport.

Thanks
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    An NUS card? Proof of Age card? I'm sure you can buy those now.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can get a national ID card, which costs around 30 pounds and you can also use this to travel around Europe instead of a passport.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You can still apply for a driving licence without a current passport. They may accept an out of date one.

Driving lcience is the most common acepted ID in the UK and its worth paying the £50 if you have any plans to drive in the future

--------

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...plyA/DG_068016
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its becoming ridiculous tbh, Student Finance still have my birth certificate. I have no idea when ill be getting that back.

Thanks for the link CL, it seems like the only thing I can use is my birth certificate and my NI card.

Also Beadles About, these ID cards have been phased out this year so I cant get hold of one of those apparently.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You can always pay for another copy of your birth certificate if you want

the other plus side about a driving licence is that it should be acceptable id for other things like a new job etc
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have the other copy of your birth certificate to apply for a driving licence? You should have a short and long version of it.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    You can get a national ID card, which costs around 30 pounds and you can also use this to travel around Europe instead of a passport.
    Mine cost £5 I believe.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THRASHx)
    Its becoming ridiculous tbh, Student Finance still have my birth certificate. I have no idea when ill be getting that back.

Thanks for the link CL, it seems like the only thing I can use is my birth certificate and my NI card.

Also Beadles About, these ID cards have been phased out this year so I cant get hold of one of those apparently.
    Lmao, good luck with SFE and your birth certificate!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always use my bank/debit card (or whatever) for ID, it has my birth date and my photo.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    You can always pay for another copy of your birth certificate if you want

the other plus side about a driving licence is that it should be acceptable id for other things like a new job etc
    Yeah thats what im thinking, it will definitely come in handy again at some point. But then again ill need a new passport too at some point! Regardless, ive paid for my drivers licence so I just need my BC to come back within the next 3 weeks!

(Original post by dhr90)
    Don't you have the other copy of your birth certificate to apply for a driving licence? You should have a short and long version of it.
    I have no idea, I sent my short one off to SF and I dont know if I have a long one?

(Original post by A100whoo)
    Lmao, good luck with SFE and your birth certificate!
    Yeah exactly and if it doesnt come back within a few weeks then the application is cancelled and my money is refunded. Why they cant use a photocopy I do not know, its Student Finance FFS - the amount of security measures they use online is ridiculous!

(Original post by Katq)
    I always use my bank/debit card (or whatever) for ID, it has my birth date and my photo.
    Must be unique to Norway, never seen these in the UK?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THRASHx)
    I have no idea, I sent my short one off to SF and I dont know if I have a long one?
    You should do I believe. I know all my family have them. Might be worth asking your parents. Not something you really want to have missing really...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 5, 2010
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.