The Student Room Group

Maths, History, Computing, Psychology

Hi, so I'm about to start these four AS subjects: Maths, History, Computing and Psychology and supposedly continue on to doing A2. However, I still cannot really decide which one to drop because I'm positive about being offered a place in Further Maths soon because I'm 2nd on the waiting list. Accounting is what I plan to do in Uni, and to be precise, I'm looking at the top Unis, mainly LSE. I've seen those stuff about blacklisting, and well none of these subjects are there. I know I can't drop Maths. For History, it's a very academic subejct and I like it anyway. But how about Computing and Psychology? Or should I just leave out Further Maths and keep these? Do I really need those extra maths for accounts? And how about this idea of having breadth, 'cause I'll be having two courses being identical (two Mathematics). I'm very good and keen with computers, while psychology is a new thing for me (but I am interested in what it seems to offer). Comments please?
Reply 1
If you prefer Maths I'd personally drop the psychology. Maths is more respected than Psychology is.
Computing seems to be more mathematical. And Psychology has been put on Cambridge's semi-soft list.
Reply 3
Exactly how useful is Psychology as an A-Level do you think anyway? Would it give me some relative advantage in the future, or am I really just better off with Further Maths - it's my best subject anyway, A* for GCSE and also did Additional Maths, got B on that one.
djwe06
Exactly how useful is Psychology as an A-Level do you think anyway? Would it give me some relative advantage in the future, or am I really just better off with Further Maths - it's my best subject anyway, A* for GCSE and also did Additional Maths, got B on that one.

A large part of Psychology at A-level is just memorising loads and loads of facts and then just regurgitating in the exam, lots of which you very quickly forget.

Trust me, I'm doing Psychology at degree level :work: