The Student Room Group

A Levels for Law Degree

I'm hoping to study law at a good university in the future and am currently in the stage where I can tweak my A Level choices (4 AS in Yr 12 then drop one and do 3 A2 in Yr 13). As of now I have chosen English Lit, Maths, Biology and Psychology.

Would these be suitable to get into a top uni for law should I get decent grades in them (AAAb or AABb) and if not, what do you think I should replace them with?

I received 9 As and 2 Bs in my GCSEs this summer but I didn't study History or Economics at GCSE which I've heard are both useful when it comes to law.

Any help would be great, thanks.
Reply 1
They're fine.
Thanks for the reassurance :biggrin: , the only one I was concerned about in particular was Psychology as some people refer to it as a "soft" or "less preferred" subject. :s-smilie:
yup, they're good choices :smile: i'd aim for at least aaab, not aabb though (if by 'top' you MEAN 'top' i.e. oxbridge/durham/ucl etc).

you're ok without history cos you have eng lit, which is also a respected essay based subject.

if you're worried about psych not being respected enough, drop it after AS level. although i took it to A2 and loved it, so obv just see what AS grades you get and which subjects you enjoy before you make any decisions like that.

maths and bio are both unquestionably well respected options :smile:
Yeah I am hoping to go to UCL or Durham, probably not Oxbridge though. Thanks for the help :biggrin:
Well, I had my first day in Sixth Form today and in an act of pure spontaneity I decided to do Economics instead of Biology. Turned out well though as I had double Economics this afternoon and really enjoyed it.

Latest

Trending

Trending