The Student Room Group

What's the highest typical offer I should be looking at?

I got ABC at AS this year (A in History, B in Sociology and a C in English). I am hoping to do Law at University but knowing it's a very popular course, what is the highest typical offer I should be looking at? I've picked out a good few that are around the BBB-ABB mark but I was wondering, is it worth pushing the boat out and looking at AAB offers? From a personal point of view I don't think AAB is out of reach come the end of A2's but obviously my point of view doesn't have much of a say on the University's decision.

So what would you guys say?
Best option when you get to the stage of first and second choice, pick one high offer as your firm and a more achievable offer for insurance. Least then you will be guarantee a place, Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Ah yes but I was more thinking about picking my five choices. With ABC at AS, what should be the maximum typical offer I should apply to? Currently it's Hull at ABB but could I go higher than that and go for an AAB uni?
Reply 3
LiamTheKook
I got ABC at AS this year (A in History, B in Sociology and a C in English). I am hoping to do Law at University but knowing it's a very popular course, what is the highest typical offer I should be looking at? I've picked out a good few that are around the BBB-ABB mark but I was wondering, is it worth pushing the boat out and looking at AAB offers? From a personal point of view I don't think AAB is out of reach come the end of A2's but obviously my point of view doesn't have much of a say on the University's decision.

Are you retaking the paper you got a C in? If so it might be worth applying to one high risk AAB uni, but make the rest lower offers.
I couldn't say how high you might achieve, but with Law being so competitive anyway it's probably best to have at least two 'easily achievable' grade offers. I missed my uni offers this year by having my firm and insurance as the same grade offers (I was offered the same grades for everything so it was unavoidable.). Good luck!
Reply 5
LiamTheKook

Thay are not going to like Sociology. Go for 1 AAB place that you really want; a ABB place, 2 BBB places and a BBC as insurance (if there are any).

Latest

Trending

Trending