The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
LBF
Anyone else heard about law at durham?
Has anyone been accepted for Uni college??
Anyone???
Please??

Someone??

Help.......

My friend studies Law @ Durham and she's at St. John's. She loves it.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
vavavoom
My friend studies Law @ Durham and she's at St. John's. She loves it.

I applied there too. What does she say about it? I'm excited now.
Reply 3
I've been accepted by University college, but not for law.
Reply 4
katiyakat
I've been accepted by University college, but not for law.

Congrats. Wat did you get accepted for?
Reply 5
Thank you - Geography.

(And sorry if I'm hijacking this thread - I wasn't sure if LBF was asking whether anyone had been accepted for law at Castle or one of the two)
Hey:

Yep have an offer to study law from durham at the Castle....unsure though.....any insiders' views by any chance? Have choice between Durham, Nottingham, LSE
Miss Curious
Hey:

Yep have an offer to study law from durham at the Castle....unsure though.....any insiders' views by any chance? Have choice between Durham, Nottingham, LSE

I wish i had that decision to make but id go for durham for law, its one of the best law schools in the country and providing you're not a person who likes to go out to a good club then itll put you in good stead for any career!
Reply 8
George-W-Duck
I wish i had that decision to make but id go for durham for law, its one of the best law schools in the country and providing you're not a person who likes to go out to a good club then itll put you in good stead for any career!

there are 2 apparently ok clubs on durham
I heard one of the two clubs in Durham was rated 2nd worst in Europe!

Congrats on those law offers.To get into those three is amazing.
Out of interest, when did you apply and when did you recieve your Durham offer?
Reply 10
Klute was rated the 2nd worst club in Europe, but the worst one then burnt down... :biggrin:

Congrats for your offer Miss Curious! I have an offer from Castle too and am choosing between there and the Cambridge college I was pooled to. Are you going to one of the March open days? Durham is beautiful, and the castle even more so.

If anyone wants in-depth Durham night life analysis, just ask and I'll PM you with what a current Durham first year had to say about it in lots of detail. V useful!
hey guys:

thanks for that....yep I consider myself very lucky indeed....fuck Cambridge right?! think Durham will be my final choice....in answer to that question applied on 10th October and received offer yesterday...I work at the Old Bailey and have spoken to many judges about which Unis they consider respectable for law......i've been told that Nottingham has one of the truly greatest law schools and helped by the fact that Diana Birch lectures there.....however Durham they say is also good though sometimes considered the poorly dressed bridesmaid of Oxbridge.....dont know how true that is!!!!

Kit----u know much about castle? Its apparently rather RAH

Latest