The Student Room Group

AS and A-Level maths, science and technology resources thread

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering if someone could post me to a site or download which tells me what the units are, how theyre structured, what we have to revise, what we have to learn, etc. Because i dont know much about what i have to revise or learn

Thanks in advance
Original post by mar junior

Just wondering if someone could post me to a site or download which tells me what the units are, how theyre structured, what we have to revise, what we have to learn, etc. Because i dont know much about what i have to revise or learn

Thanks in advance

Which exam board ?
Original post by Vampire-Love4ever
Which exam board ?

Edexcel, for chemistry and biology please

Edexcel, for chemistry and biology please

Basically, there are 3 Units in each subject.
Unit 1 and Unit 2 - core content.
Unit 3 - Practical based Unit based on knowledge from Unit 1 & 2.

Use the Edexcel published books (by Ann Fullick).
Download the syllabus from the Edexcel website, then make notes accordingly.

Remember, pastpapers are vital. :wink:

Good luck! :h:
Reply 144
Hey, Im taking an intense A-levels course (as and a2 exams). In January, ive got:
a2 chem unit 1 and 2
a2 bio unit1 and 2
stats1 and stats2

All on ocr exam board.
I was wondering if there was anywhere I can find test papers for separate modules
e.g. chem unit 1 has three modules:
-rings polymers and analysis
-polymers and synthesis
-Analysis

I just want a test paper with just module 1, 'rings polymers and analysis'.

Any resource sites I can find these?

Or is my best option to go through the past papers and just do the ones I understand?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 145
Original post by mushy1993

Hey, Im taking an intense A-levels course (as and a2 exams). In January, ive got:
a2 chem unit 1 and 2
a2 bio unit1 and 2
stats1 and stats2

All on ocr exam board.
I was wondering if there was anywhere I can find test papers for separate modules
-polymers and synthesis
-Analysis

Or is my best option to go through the past papers and just do the ones I understand?

Here's a really good website for chemistry: http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/OCR%20Chemistry%20A%20home.html

Just look under the units and each topic has a set of past paper questions attached with answers.

Hope this helps!
Reply 146
a2 chem unit 1 and 2
a2 bio unit1 and 2
stats1 and stats2

All on ocr exam board.
-polymers and synthesis
-Analysis

xtremepapers.net

know all of the material first, then plough through past papers; it's the best form of revision for science/maths subjects
Hey guys, anyone know any resource of questions (from past papers) based on a single topic in a subject?

For example: A whole booklet full of questions from different past papers on the topic 'CELLS'.

Thanks, and I hope you guys respond to this. I'm worried that I have misunderstood something.
Reply 148
i was looking for AQA chemistry and biology a-level past papers today i couldn't find any on the AQA site :angry:, could somebody either help me find them or tell me a reason why i can't find them
and i also can't get the geography past papers either
please and thank you :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm doing AS AQA Maths, OCR Physics and Chemistry and Edexcel Biology and I need some help choosing revision guides.

I've got text books for all the subjects except Maths but I don't want to buy a big text book because I won't even use it, I'd rather buy a revision guide. I need revision guides for my science subjects as well.

I'm thinking about buying the CGP books for Biology and Physics but I don't know what one to buy for Chemistry. :/

Anyone have any good revision guides for AQA Maths and OCR Chemistry?
confused as to why my thread has been moved here...
hi guys

can anyone paste a copy of the following papers and if possible the mark schemes on this for :

Edexcel Mechanics M1 June 2011
AQA A BIOL2 JUNE 2011 (AS)
AQA A PHYA1 JUNE 2011 (AS)

much appreciated guys :biggrin:
Reply 153
Does anyone know where I can get the 2010 and 2011 past papers for the Biology and Chemistry Unit 6 ISAs? I checked the AQA website, but they only have EMPA past papers and specimen papers.
Reply 154
I have been looking too, cant find any. have it next week and we have been looking at statistics mainly and then the sheets you get in class. not much help sorry :frown:

P.s.
thats the biology one, i dont knwo about the chem.
(edited 12 years ago)
i got a C-D grade on my bio isa yay!!! dreading my chem one lol..idk what its gonna be about
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 157

anyone seen an unofficial markscheme for unit 6t for this time round??..... with the yeast respiring aerobically????
Hi can someone who ever has the username and password for OCR to please upload the chemistry A paper for unit 1 and 2 F321 and F322 and for biology as well unit 1 and 2 F211 F212 please I would appreciate thanks
Someone?

Quick Reply

Latest