The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

don't they stand around playing 'Fiddler on the Roof' on a fiddle/violin?

(j/k)
Reply 21
Planto
How would you know? You only registered today. Or did you create a new account so you can troll to your heart's content?

How would I know? Well, you can read threads as a non-member.
Reply 22
antonio9
How would I know? Well, you can read threads as a non-member.

Oh, come on :rolleyes:

Nobody lurks on a forum for long enough to know people's posting habits, then signs up and immediately starts a blatantly intentionally controversial thread, whilst referring to the forum collectively as "we".

These are the doings of an active member.

Try harder.
Reply 23
Planto
Oh, come on :rolleyes:

Nobody lurks on a forum for long enough to know people's posting habits, then signs up and immediately starts a blatantly intentionally controversial thread, whilst referring to the forum collectively as "we".

These are the doings of an active member.

Try harder.

You're looking too much into this.
Reply 24
antonio9
You're looking too much into this.

What you mean to say is that I've nailed it in one.
Reply 25
Jewish people have the highest rates of self-employment and the lowest rates of unemployment of the various religious groups, so they must work somewhere!?!?!?!

Self-employment as a percentage of all in employment, by religion 2004:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=964

Unemployment by religion and gender, 2004:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=979
Reply 26
I saw a Hasidic Jewish Police officer once. I think he was Hasidic. He had the dreadlocks. He and the others were talking to a bunch of kids at a bus stops in North London.
I'm not an expert on Judaism but isn't the OP talking about Hasidic Jews?
Reply 28
Planto
What you mean to say is that I've nailed it in one.

Well if it makes you happy, you can think that. :smile:
Reply 29
antonio9
Well if it makes you happy, you can think that. :smile:

I also note that you haven't actually stated whether or not I was correct yet. Presumably because you don't want to admit that I rumbled you immediately, but are aware that outright lying simply isn't sporting :smile:
Reply 30
Planto
I also note that you haven't actually stated whether or not I was correct yet. Presumably because you don't want to admit that I rumbled you immediately, but are aware that outright lying simply isn't sporting :smile:

Please stick to the subject of the OP.
Reply 31
Yeah I have, he worked in his dad's (also ultra-orthodox Jew) independent chocolate shop, kinda like Thorntons but not as posh and expensive.

If you go to parts of London or Manchester you'll see a lot. Oh and when I was doing RS I saw one who worked in a synagogue, but that's kinda a given lol. :p:

xanadu_21
Not really a such a genuine question. It is BEYOND OBVIOUS that Orthodox Jews have proper jobs. It's like asking, where do religious Catholics, or Muslims get their money from?? You are blatantly anti-Semitic, especially since you clearly created a brand new account for this moronic thread. Most people of all denominations dress similarly. hardly anyone dresses religiously, and even so i've seen hundreds of traditinally-dressed Orthodox Jews in professional jobs.

MASSIVE over-reaction much?

Calling somebody an anti-Semite is a very serious allegation. On what basis are you making such a claim?
Reply 32
xanadu_21
Not really a such a genuine question. It is BEYOND OBVIOUS that Orthodox Jews have proper jobs. It's like asking, where do religious Catholics, or Muslims get their money from?? You are blatantly anti-Semitic, especially since you clearly created a brand new account for this moronic thread. Most people of all denominations dress similarly. hardly anyone dresses religiously, and even so i've seen hundreds of traditinally-dressed Orthodox Jews in professional jobs.

Exaggeration much?
Reply 33
DJkG.1

MASSIVE over-reaction much?

Calling somebody an anti-Semite is a serious allegation. On what basis are you making such a claim?

She should ring: http://www.thecst.org.uk/
xanadu_21

He created a thread about Jews so he's now automatically anti-semitic...
Okay. :rolleyes:
Reply 35
I've seen them working in NY. Polishing diamonds.
Reply 36
antonio9
She should ring: http://www.thecst.org.uk/

That extremely unsavoury organisation... I don't think any sensible person would, not too sure about her though. :p:
Reply 37
There's loads in Antwerp - every other outlet is a diamond shop!
Reply 38
xanadu_21
not really. what are you implying by saying where do they get there money from? and that israel is an illegal state? just look at stats and history (UN partition plan 1947) your remarks are inflammatory, biased and not based on sufficient evidence (is that not what prejudice is??)

Please stop being so melodramatic.
antonio9
I haven't, where do they get their income from?

I have. But I used to work at my synagogue XD

Latest

Trending

Trending