The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Official 2010/11 Tocil Facebook group is up and running (HERE!), check it out and join to make sure you're kept in the loop with events and happenings... Plenty more to come and feel free to post suggestions and/or concerns on the group and someone will get back to you!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
EFG
Computer Science here....was my first choice! Very happy with it, much prefer being in a flat and its so close to the gym i'm destined to bulk up =P

whats the difference being in a flat than the others :s-smilie:
Reply 62
Melvin123
Im also a physicist toccer aswell :smile:

Ah, it's good to know I'm not the only one! :biggrin:
I was in Tocil for my first year (2006, seems so long ago now), pretty much everything was fantastic and I would totally choose it again :smile:
The location is great, nice and central. You are next to the gym, close to union and costcutter, not a huge walk from tesco and close to a lot of the academic buildings and library. The flats were kind of L shaped, in ours we had 6 guys down one arm of the L and 6 girls down the other. There were 3 bathrooms (2 with showers and toilet and sink, 1 with bath, toilet and sink). Nice sized kitchen.

So yay for everyone in Tocil. I am jealous and seriously miss Warwick!
Reply 64
Cannot wait to move into Tocil!! Definitely the best halls on campus! :biggrin:
Anyone know if the rooms in Tocil have a mirror in them??
Trooper30
Cannot wait to move into Tocil!! Definitely the best halls on campus! :biggrin:
Anyone know if the rooms in Tocil have a mirror in them??

I know that at least one room has a full length mirror in :p:

There probably is a full length mirror (or at least a mirror of some size) in all of them.
Reply 66
TheTallOne
I know that at least one room has a full length mirror in :p:

There probably is a full length mirror (or at least a mirror of some size) in all of them.

Ah that's great. Thanks!
Yup most tocil rooms that I saw had a full length mirror, which is much better than those little over the sink mirrors...
Reply 68
Tocil wasn't my first choice, but I'm pretty happy. Anyone doing French and Italian?
I'm doing Italian! Just with English instead of French :smile:
Reply 70
p1nksmartie
whats the difference being in a flat than the others :s-smilie:

Lots of the other buildings have corridors, not flats.
Tocil and physics here.
Being next to the gym will be good. Can work off this beer belly that has appeared over the summer. :smile:
Reply 72
I wonder how many of us will actually recognise each other. "Are you that guy from the forum?" is not exactly a typical icebreaker haha

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend when we arrive?
Arrive in the morning, unpack and then what? Obviusly trying to get rid of the family will be an issue :p: Do people go to the freshers fair with their parents? I'm not a mommy's boy but obviously they will want to follow me for a while.
Then party for two days :yep:
piszczel
I wonder how many of us will actually recognise each other. "Are you that guy from the forum?" is not exactly a typical icebreaker haha

Arrive in the morning, unpack and then what? Obviusly trying to get rid of the family will be an issue :p: Do people go to the freshers fair with their parents? I'm not a mommy's boy but obviously they will want to follow me for a while.

Arrive, room key, move stuff into room, don't unpack :p:, 'dibs' your cupboard/fridge space with something (if there are baskets in fridge), go to registration (uni card and health centre), Freshers T shirt (if you want to), meet people you will be living with, Freshers/Poster Fair (collect NUS Extra card from there), perhaps a Tesco/Costies food/drink raid, stuff....

I got rid of my family after 'Freshers t shirt'. Though it may be useful if they did a Tesco shop with you (free food) :borat: It really depends what time it is and what time you arrive.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
I don't have much stuff so it'll take me half an hour tops to unpack everything. The most time consuming thing will be plugging in my pc :biggrin:

Do people steal your food from the fridge or is that a myth? :confused:
piszczel
I don't have much stuff so it'll take me half an hour tops to unpack everything. The most time consuming thing will be plugging in my pc :biggrin:

Do people steal your food from the fridge or is that a myth? :confused:

Can be true in some cases. Sometimes it could be people who have access to the kitchen, other times it could be people who manage to get in (friends of flatmates) and raid the kitchens for food.

But in Tocil the latter case is usually reduced as there are only 30 or so of you who have access to the half of the building.

It's more common in halls which have multiple points of entry/large numbers of people who live in the block and high kitchen sharing ratios.

Some of the 'pros' of living in Tocil/Whitefields :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm in tocil too :smile: Moving in on the 2nd! x
I emailed the tocil accommodation as well because I was supposed to move in on the sunday and they changed it to the saturday for me! xx
Reply 78
piszczel

Good question. I've made a sort of provisional plan for moving-in day; I don't know how well I'll stick to it when the time comes!
Finish packing on the Friday night, up early on Saturday morning, get ready and go. Arrive at Warwick for around 9:30am (traffic dependent), get my room key, unload everything into my room. Pick up uni card & hand in health centre registration (hopefully before the queues start). Drive round to Cannon Park for a shopping trip at Tesco, and maybe Wilkinson. I'm going to have to check out fridge/cupboard space beforehand so I know how much food etc to buy. Back to campus, go to freshers fair, pick up freshers t-shirt, meet new flatmates, and so on. My parents have booked onto the Parents' Welcome Talk at 2pm, so then they'll be going to that.

Are people arriving on the Saturday planning to go to both the Saturday and Sunday Freshers' parties?
Reply 79
I might take it easier on Sunday evening, I've got an introductory lecture at 9am on Monday :P

Latest