The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hendy

Are people arriving on the Saturday planning to go to both the Saturday and Sunday Freshers' parties?

I'm planning to.
There's gonna be nothing to do anyway, so unless everyone has different plans that's what I'm doing.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
I'm a Welsh philosopher moving in on the saturday!

Hendy
Are people arriving on the Saturday planning to go to both the Saturday and Sunday Freshers' parties?

I'll see how it goes. Since the freshers t-shirt is the ticket to both, I suppose there's no reason not to, assuming we're not all too hungover from the first night anyway :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 82
gower
I'm a Welsh philosopher moving in on the saturday!

I'll see how it goes. Since the freshers t-shirt is the ticket to both, I suppose there's no reason not to, assuming we're not all too hungover from the first night anyway :biggrin:

Yeah, let the partying begin. :biggrin:
Although I might take it a bit easier on the Sunday evening, as my departmental induction is on Monday morning. If I'm up early enough on the Monday, there's also the Vice Chancellor's student welcome talk at 9am. Is anyone else thinking of attending that?
Reply 83
Hendy
Although I might take it a bit easier on the Sunday evening, as my departmental induction is on Monday morning. If I'm up early enough on the Monday, there's also the Vice Chancellor's student welcome talk at 9am. Is anyone else thinking of attending that?

Lol you best be joking
Anyway I have my first lecture/introduction 9am on monday. So can't even if I wanted.

As for the tshirts, there are two separate tshirts for saturday and sunday, so you have to buy two if you want to party on both days.
Hendy

Over a thousand freshers went there last year, though it isn't necessary waking up at that time :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 85
piszczel
Lol you best be joking
Anyway I have my first lecture/introduction 9am on monday. So can't even if I wanted.

I'm just curious to see how many people are attending. I imagine Warwick are relying on most freshers not turning up, or else they will run out of space!
My first lecture is at 10am; the department said to go straight to it after the Vice Chancellor's talk.

TheTallOne
Over a thousand freshers went there last year, though it isn't necessary waking up at that time :p:

That's quite a number; it must be a large hall. Haha yeah, I'm sure a few people will go straight to lectures after partying! :p:
Reply 86
Is there wifi in Tocil or will I have to go low tech and find my ethernet cable?
Reply 87
All the halls internet connections require a resnet connection via ethernet.
Reply 88
So what rooms has everyone got?
I'm in Block 58 :biggrin:
Reply 89
Trooper30
So what rooms has everyone got?
I'm in Block 58 :biggrin:

I thought the letter was the block? I'm E58, if 58 is the room number I'm two doors down from you!
Reply 90
Nope, the number is definitely the flat, and the letter is the room :smile:
Also, e.g. flats 55-60 are all in the same block as it were!

So, are you in flat 58, room E???
Reply 91
Trooper30
Nope, the number is definitely the flat, and the letter is the room :smile:
Also, e.g. flats 55-60 are all in the same block as it were!

So, are you in flat 58, room E???

Erm i wrote the completely wrong thing haha, sorry.
It says on mywarwick Room 60F/TO TO60F S, would you care to translate for me?
Reply 92
wolver123
Erm i wrote the completely wrong thing haha, sorry.
It says on mywarwick Room 60F/TO TO60F S, would you care to translate for me?

Haha no problems!
Okay, so you are on the floor above me - you are in Level 2, Flat 60, Room F :smile:
Reply 93
Trooper30
Haha no problems!
Okay, so you are on the floor above me - you are in Level 2, Flat 60, Room F :smile:

Cheers :smile:
In Tocil you get a key for the whole block right? So you can basically meet people in all the flats in your block?
Reply 94
wolver123
Cheers :smile:
In Tocil you get a key for the whole block right? So you can basically meet people in all the flats in your block?

Umm not sure really - I think each flat has a lock and everyone in your flat (i.e. flat 60) gets a key - plus you get a key to your individual room beyond the flat door as well.
Reply 95
So 05E/TO TO05E S means flat 5 room E?
How can I work out which floor am I on?
How have you all found out what room number you are? :colonhash:
Reply 97
Makaveli_The_Don
How have you all found out what room number you are? :colonhash:

Go on my warwick, and then my data and finance.
Reply 98
42B/TO TO42B S :woo:

Now, what does that actually mean...

I'm guessing flat 42 room B, but what block/floor is that?
(edited 13 years ago)
piszczel
Go on my warwick, and then my data and finance.

Thank you :smile:

I'm in 51C hmmm.

Latest