The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

That one was the best out of the lost.

Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli and throwing away the likes of Adebayor and Santa Cruz. That is beyond insane..
Reply 1981
My love for Edin Dzeko has just been vindicated.
His last goal and that header... :coma:
Sent a bit of a message there. Can't wait to see City vs Chelsea got a feeling that will be a more telling clash than City-United as far as the title goes.
Still need to see how we perform against a side that will just stick 11 men behind the ball but it is looking very very good.
Reply 1985
Just read this about Aguero:

"Agüero has a tattoo on the inside of his right arm, inscribed in Tengwar—a form of writing invented by J. R. R. Tolkien that was used by the Elves in his works."

He is too awesome. :awesome:
Well done guys :colonhash:

Admit I did actually appreciate Dzeko's last goal. Reminds me of VDV at his best..
Reply 1987
Original post by aja89

"Agüero has a tattoo on the inside of his right arm, inscribed in Tengwar—a form of writing invented by J. R. R. Tolkien that was used by the Elves in his works."

The tattoo spells Kun :awesome:
Wow Nasri got 3 assists but a pass completion of 97% :eek: Bordering on faultless. What a debut.
Just saw that Weiss has been loaned out to espanyol. Do you guys still see him as a future key player in your team or has his progress been slower than expected. I remember how much jepp, chritien and jim-ie (the original city supporters who were here before the money) used to rave about him like it was the second coming of jesus.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1990
Hargreaves :rofl2: Your club is on a WUM.
Original post by bendtner.is.sick
Just saw that Weiss has been loaned out to espanyol. Do you guys still see him as a future key player in your team or has his progress been slower than expected. I remember how much jepp, chritien and jim-ie (the original city supporters who were here before the money) used to rave about him like it was the second coming of jesus.

Aye the soc has gone he opposite way, the better we got the less active it got :biggrin: (I'm Jepp btw, I just hate internet trails so made a new account).

He did alright in pre-season, I think the main issue is we don't play with conventional wingers and Mancini demands absolute productivity from them (The far more expeirenced Johnson nearly didn't make the cut because of this.). Doubt a winger will come through our youth system for a long long time. However it does let centre backs and central mids break through easily.

Original post by Nasri08
Hargreaves :rofl2: Your club is on a WUM.

Apparently so. :biggrin:
Weiss is decent and looked very promising, but yeah, as most football fans do with their own players, I probably bigged him up a bit. There was a time in my life when I sincerely believed Richard Dunne (the own goal machine himself) was the best centre back in the PL. :facepalm2:

Hargreaves, lol. Expecting crude mock-up of him on the 'Welcome to Manchester' poster in The Sun tomorrow.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1993
lol how long until there are computer game highlights of Hargreaves celebrating scoring against United up on your site? :mmm:
LOL at Hargreaves. This is just for a WUM, isn't it?

Can't be a real transfer as both De Jong and Kompany can play the DM role better than him.
Hargreaves :rofl3:
Original post by aja89

I think Torres has the same.
Reply 1997
Reports in that he's injured himself during the medical. Out for 3 years...
I recommend a pay-as-you-play deal :wink:
Absolute no brainer of a singing imo.

Could do with a CB version too if Lescott is out for a while.

Quick Reply