The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

I don't care about Man City, but I really, really, really hope Hargreaves is successful there.

Has been a long term favourite player of mine, long before the 2006 World Cup.

(He's just signed for you lot).
Garry Cook involved in controversy again. Trying to shaft someone else at the club for this email, when he's probably the guilty party. What a s**t.

You must all surely think he's a bit of a liability when it comes to PR? He's lucky to still be in a job tbh.

What do you all think?
Reply 2002
Good at his job; bad at PR.
Original post by Laertes
Good at his job; bad at PR.

hmm, surely he needs to be good at PR to be good at his job? This is all reflects badly on Manchester City and Man City as a brand.
Reply 2004
Original post by white_haired_wizard
hmm, surely he needs to be good at PR to be good at his job? This is all reflects badly on Manchester City and Man City as a brand.

It wouldn't hurt but he's the CEO not the head of PR. That said, he would, no doubt, be more effective at his job if he kept his mouth shut more often.
Honestly I can't even begin to comment on how good Cook is at his job, to understand it would take a lot of experience in directing multi-national brands I imagine. I'll just plead that the higher up know what they're doing so Cook is probably good enough.

All I can really say is Mancini will be forced into playing Onouha at some point and i think he'll shine.
Onuoha used to be my favourite city player and always wanted him to do well. However after this scandal, I really wouldn't care if he ****ed off somewhere else. He claims to be a city fan and wants man city to do well but he doesn't show that.

He went on soccer am and started saying **** about Mancini and building up negative press about man city, yeah nedum you definitely love city :s-smilie: now he waits 10 months to release this email that they recieved last October, conveniently after the transfer window shuts. Hmmm....something tells me you aren't happy at city and you want a transfer. Well I say go then because you would never get in the team anyway

Edit: If you're going to neg me, at least explain yourselves
(edited 12 years ago)
Niall I have just seen Onouha was included in the CL squad while Hargreaves was not. Think he might be getting in the team after all.
Original post by warwickorbristol
Niall I have just seen Onouha was included in the CL squad while Hargreaves was not. Think he might be getting in the team after all.

Probably just to meet home-grown quota. 4 players must have been brought through by the club, while at least another 4 have to have been trained within England/Wales.
Original post by warwickorbristol

He is in the 25 man squad, but he won't touch the first team with Kompany, Lescott, Kolo Toure coming back and Savic all ahead of him in the pecking order. Hargreaves hasn't played a competitive match for 2/3 years so obviously he won't be much use to Man City until later into the season. You can change the 25 man squad for the Champions League in January and I can see Owen Hargreaves being included on the latter stages of the champions league.
BREAKING Garry Cook resigns as chief executive of Manchester City
Fair play. Still think that with Lescott's injury record he'll get a few games and prove his worth.

Completely non-plussed by Cook going, we'll probably replace him with someone equally competent.
Resigns by e-mail. Sounds like me. Or Alex McLeish.
Reply 2013
Original post by Colonel.

Original post by Colonel.
Resigns by e-mail. Sounds like me. Or Alex McLeish.

Are we sure someone didn't hack his emails and it is a bogus resignation :beard:
Garry Cook was probably the biggest barrier to City being a massive club tbf, such a clown. Not sure how Brian Marwood has managed to avoid any action so far though :lolwut:
Reply 2015
Original post by Colbert

Original post by Colbert
Garry Cook was probably the biggest barrier to City being a massive club tbf, such a clown. Not sure how Brian Marwood has managed to avoid any action so far though :lolwut:

He really was a joke. I have never known a ****ing suit who could inspire such loyalty as City fans seemed to have towards him. He was David ****ing Brent :coma:
Whilst I am not a fan of Garry Cook, he played a major role in getting Man City to where they are and the players they have brought. Cook played a major role in the signings of Robinho, Tevez, Aguero and Nasri
Reply 2017
I imagine they were signed despite Cooks ineptitude and childish 'bant' not because of any skills he actually has.

He is an absolute ****ing moron. A rich moron though obviously.
Reply 2018
Original post by Mess.
He really was a joke. I have never known a ****ing suit who could inspire such loyalty as City fans seemed to have towards him. He was David ****ing Brent :coma:

It's mainly because media gaffes aside, he was pretty good at his job. He was inadvertently hilarious, though.
Just found out that he headed up Nike's Michael Jordan brand. Tainted forever :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest