The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
LOL :tongue:
I don't really care tbh.

I'd far rather we just tricked the stupid bastard into playing again. Come up with the most ridiculous spiel ever, "yeah dw mate we're in the process of moving the entire island to the coast of Argentina, oh and we've also got planning permission to build a third restaurant in Manchester"
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
If you go on strike you are not entitled to your wages are you? So technically City could just refuse to pay him.

Maybe but he's causing more economic loss than his wages going forwards. Clubs are going to know they can offer like 15mil and get him since City will otherwise hold no cards in any transfer when he's worth like 40mil.
Reply 2123
Original post by Zerforax
Maybe but he's causing more economic loss than his wages going forwards. Clubs are going to know they can offer like 15mil and get him since City will otherwise hold no cards in any transfer when he's worth like 40mil.

Well they have no financial need to sell him, so that is a card they do hold.
Original post by Mess.
If you go on strike you are not entitled to your wages are you? So technically City could just refuse to pay him.

He doesn't have to refuse to play now. He can say 'I'd play, but Mancini won't pick me'!

Man City won't call his bluff because they don't want to risk it.
Arsenal fan here in peace - completely agree with what Mancini has said - Tevez is a great player but he acted like a spoiled kid tonight.

City with the riches they have can easily bring in a suitable replacement. Personally think Tevez should be forced to play for the reserves or made to sit on the bench for the rest of the season/until he leaves.
Tevez doesn't even seem to care, he was grinning and joking in the interview and shots of him going back onto the team coach. As for City and qualification hopes, it's going to be very tough. They have to win both games against Villareal and try to get atleast 4 points from their last 2 games which is Bayern at home and away in Naples. Difficult but not impossible.
Reply 2127
People coming out with some ridiculous stuff regarding Tevez. Change his contract to pay as you play mid term without his consent? Wtf?
Also, technically he prob could be fined constantly so that he isn't paid (due to misdemeanours etc) but that will never realistically happen and the situation would just get messier. Not really worth the time time and effort.
I do agree that City hold all the cards and for once a club can realistically let a player rot on the bench/reserves (which I believe he deserves).
Reply 2128
Also, City played well at the start from what I saw but then were continually dominated throughout. Wouldn't be too disheartened though since they are a great team and pretty much in the Top 5.
Football will always have despicable little ***** like Tevez in the game. It's unfortunate because it can ruin it for others, for fans, for other players who are decent, hard-working pros who don't take it all for granted.

You long for characters like the Goaters, Kinkladzes, Scholes and Giggs's of this world. Top, honest, hard-working pros.

Players like Tevez poison football and can turn people off from watching/following the sport.

You'll probably end up regretting not selling the ******** to Corinthians or whoever it was. But perhaps to your sheikh owner, perhaps he'll get more pleasure from seeing him rot away in the reserves?
If warwickorbristol supported the team I played for I'd refuse to play as well tbf!!
Reply 2131
I never want to see Tevez play for my team again. I loved the ****, he was amazing for us, I and every other football fan respected him in that he would always give 100%. Now?

**** off back to Argentina and give me half of your talent and a fraction of your wages and I'd not refuse to run onto the pitch.
Reply 2132
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Football will always have despicable little ***** like Tevez in the game. It's unfortunate because it can ruin it for others, for fans, for other players who are decent, hard-working pros who don't take it all for granted.

You long for characters like the Goaters, Kinkladzes, Scholes and Giggs's of this world. Top, honest, hard-working pros.

Players like Tevez poison football and can turn people off from watching/following the sport.

You'll probably end up regretting not selling the ******** to Corinthians or whoever it was. But perhaps to your sheikh owner, perhaps he'll get more pleasure from seeing him rot away in the reserves?

Its rare I agree with you but this is one of those rare occasions. Everyone respects Scholes, Giggs because they were perfect professionals on the pitch, Goater loved the club, Kinkladze ruined his career by turning down an offer from Barcelona to stay with City in our darkest hours.

Tevez can go and **** himself, he let his team down and he let his fans down, he can barely get picked for his country now because he spits the dummy out yet he's by far one of the most talented players to ever play in the English league. Some people spit in the face of what they're given.
Reply 2133
Original post by Mess.

I'd assume legally he has to be paid his wages because of clauses, but he can be fined just as easily.

I'm glad to hear that Mancini is putting his foot down. Even with Dzeko. Dzeko is a good professional and I can understand why he was annoyed about being taken off but he wasnt performing and we need him for the weekend as hes (imo) our best out and out striker.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2134
What an utter ****

His neck scars prove he's lost his head, Tevez, Tevez
Reply 2135
Original post by white_haired_wizard

:erm:
What a prick. That's all I can say.
Original post by maccy7
:erm:

I think he supports united. Otherwise he's delusional, though to be fair his antics were all off the field like cole and terry.
Reply 2138
Original post by jam277
I think he supports united. Otherwise he's delusional, though to be fair his antics were all off the field like cole and terry.

It was tongue in cheek. Giggs is a model professional.
Original post by maccy7

Original post by maccy7
It was tongue in cheek. Giggs is a model professional.

I know it was, I think he's had like 2 reds or something low like that in his career.

Quick Reply

Latest