The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

city will still win the league :colone:
Not yet seen this Darron Gibson goal. It's made it even more arousing that there was a deflection to his shot. Love it.

Manchester City are crumbling.
Original post by StraightUpG
city will still win the league :colone:

ITT whoever wins the Manc derby will win the title tbh. You beat us when we had 10 men, we beat you when you had 10 men. I'd like to see what happens when both teams keep 11 men on the pitch.
Original post by mikeyd85
ITT whoever wins the Manc derby will win the title tbh. You beat us when we had 10 men, we beat you when you had 10 men. I'd like to see what happens when both teams keep 11 men on the pitch.

I agree.

I see Uniteds mentality pushing them through to keeping up with Citys team strength, the derby is the.. 3rd last game for both? Could be the decider.

Either way, going to be a fantastic end to the league.
It's going down to that game in April, going to be tense.
Game on tonight is on espn, which is free this weekend to all those with freeview.
Reply 2766
A nice solid win. Hopefully Chelsea can pull something out of the back tomorrow.
Just a goofy City .gif I liked :ahee:

Truly astonishing comments by Tevez. What a tool.
This thread is dead, like thread like title chance!
Reply 2770
That's not deluded at all.
How do you folks think about Tevez returning and playing for City again??

I'd lose respect for Mancini and Man City FC if they were to play Tevez again. The man is an utter disgrace.

Cares only about himself, not the team, the fans, the club. Let's just say he did come back and play the odd period of a game/s and you do win the league title and there he is holding aloft the trophy? What would your feelings be? Win at all costs, regardless of losing integrity? :confused:
Reply 2772
Original post by white_haired_wizard

I'd lose respect for Mancini and Man City FC if they were to play Tevez again. The man is an utter disgrace.

Cares only about himself, not the team, the fans, the club. Let's just say he did come back and play the odd period of a game/s and you do win the league title and there he is holding aloft the trophy? What would your feelings be? Win at all costs, regardless of losing integrity? :confused:

TBF he has done a lot that is against Man C. He doesn't even want to be in this country, doesn't even want to play for Man C. I still don't know why Man City didn't get rid of him in Jan when they had the chance to and I don't think an apology would be enough for Man C fans - they just want him out and they are paying his wages aren't they Man C?

I still think that if Manchester City were to lift the trophy and Tevez was clinging on to it (since he did play a few games before he refused to kick the ball) then I cannot see why he should even have a medal - 2 apps in the league this season is not good enough - I believe he also missed a pen - so that is another reason why he shouldn't even get a medal.
Reply 2773
I don't want him to play for us but if he played for us and we won the league, I'd still be delighted.

I would be conflicted with him being there, though. It's like looking back on the FA Cup and seeing his ugly mug lifting the trophy except worse because he's treated the club and fans with absolutely no respect since then.
Reply 2774
You folks heard of 'PLEKSTER' on twitter? He's a legend
Original post by white_haired_wizard

I don't think integrity would be lost at all if Tevez did publicly make an apology to the managaer, team, club and fans. Sure what he did cut deep but at the same time if he's genuine in his apology then he deserves a fair chance at redemption assuming that's where his heart lies. It doesn't helping declaring that the manager treated him like a dog.

Ultimately there are two sides to every story and we still don't know why he behaved in the way he did and what his issues with the manager are. However, if he did have serious issues there were better and more professional ways to address that than by refusing to play and thus letting your team-mates and fans down.

He is a contracted player and if he doesn't play at some point we are looking at potentially almost a year's worth of non-playing time assuming he left in the summer transfer window and doesn't play until August/September time. The more time he spends not playing will only further diminish his market value and his potential for a transfer to what he and City deem as a big club. He is essentially becoming deadwood and needs to be played but can only do so if he is willing to give a 100% to the job. If not then he will simply rot until his contract expires by which time he will be the wrong side of 30, lost his form and sharpness and would be a risky gamble for any team and may well see his career fizzle out into nothingness.

If he did apologise and play again score goals and win trophies, it may take a while but eventually he may well win the fans around again. I'm not saying that will happen for certain but he'll need to work pretty hard for it.

The ball's in his court. It's time for Tevez to grow up and start behaving not only like a professional but more importantly, like a man. He will never get the great opportunities anywhere else like he has here at Man City especially in terms of wages and even the fanbase but if he does eventually spoil it all and move on I guarantee he will look back on his career with regret and will wonder that if only he had behaved with a little bit more maturity, things might have turned out for the better.
Reply 2776
Original post by Koolio
You folks heard of 'PLEKSTER' on twitter? He's a legend

Never heard of him.

Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
I don't think integrity would be lost at all if Tevez did publicly make an apology to the managaer, team, club and fans. Sure what he did cut deep but at the same time if he's genuine in his apology then he deserves a fair chance at redemption assuming that's where his heart lies. It doesn't helping declaring that the manager treated him like a dog.

Ultimately there are two sides to every story and we still don't know why he behaved in the way he did and what his issues with the manager are. However, if he did have serious issues there were better and more professional ways to address that than by refusing to play and thus letting your team-mates and fans down.

He is a contracted player and if he doesn't play at some point we are looking at potentially almost a year's worth of non-playing time assuming he left in the summer transfer window and doesn't play until August/September time. The more time he spends not playing will only further diminish his market value and his potential for a transfer to what he and City deem as a big club. He is essentially becoming deadwood and needs to be played but can only do so if he is willing to give a 100% to the job. If not then he will simply rot until his contract expires by which time he will be the wrong side of 30, lost his form and sharpness and would be a risky gamble for any team and may well see his career fizzle out into nothingness.

If he did apologise and play again score goals and win trophies, it may take a while but eventually he may well win the fans around again. I'm not saying that will happen for certain but he'll need to work pretty hard for it.

The ball's in his court. It's time for Tevez to grow up and start behaving not only like a professional but more importantly, like a man. He will never get the great opportunities anywhere else like he has here at Man City especially in terms of wages and even the fanbase but if he does eventually spoil it all and move on I guarantee he will look back on his career with regret and will wonder that if only he had behaved with a little bit more maturity, things might have turned out for the better.

Sums it up quite nicely for me.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/14/soccer-england-city-land-idUSL4E8DE32J20120214

Quite a funny story, city fans might not enjoy it as much as me though.
Reply 2778
No, it is actually funny for two reasons:

1. It's not actually going to work.
2. The guy's trying to defraud United fans.
Hi guys, new to the forums so thought I'd introduce myself here, 15 year old City fan since the age of four, ST holder in the family stand level 1. Go to most home matches and some aways, most notably all 3 Wembley trips and the 6-1 recently.

Dad got me into City and I guess I'll always be a blue, so hope there's a few others like me around here, and hope to get to know some of you :smile:

MCFCOK.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest