The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by warwickorbristol
Shame you lack the communication skills to discern a fairly obvious and clear point.

Nope, they are fine, just your boring rambling doesnt make any sense (:
Then don't follow me from thread to thread endlessly quoting?
Quoting you in one thread, twice, counts as following you and endlessly quoting you? Man you have some real issues.
Stop trying to distract me from the point. This league is a joke. Might make a league table of the teams that generally turn up for every football match. That's us, you, Newcastle, Stoke, Blackburn and maybe one or two more.
Stop trying to distract me from the point. This league is a joke. Might make a league table of the teams that generally turn up for every football match. That's us, you, Newcastle, Stoke, Blackburn and maybe one or two more.

We turn upto everygame do we? Would you like me to find many of our teams poor performances this year that are far below standard? Because even if i find one it goes against your point.

Ofcourse us normal logical people realize that every team has on and off days, weeks of poor form etc. Deal with it.
Like I said you generally turn up and when you don't its not for a lack of trying or rotation or any other *******s.
Only an idiot would think QPR who are battling to stay up managed by a **** who obviously isn't idiotic enough to want to get himself fired would hand a game to United.

How do you guys feel about your game later on? Any squad news?
Original post by In2deep
How do you guys feel about your game later on? Any squad news?
Apparently City might have to forfeit due to lack of players, depth just isn't there. Sad they won't give him the funds tbh.

In all seriousness, I think Lescott and Ageuro are back.
Have to say as an Arsenal fan, I used to prefer United winning the title to City - because City were effectively spending money "buying the title" at our expense - Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy etc.

Upon examination I realise that this is a very narrow perception - while City buys loads of accomplished players, we buy a lot of young potential players - its all just different strategies, all legitimate without damaging the fundamental integrity of the sport - 11 vs 11 on a level playing field.

United, however, spend their money "buying the title" in a different way which DOES damage the fundamental integrity of the sport - on the referees and linesmen. This is really the key to United's purported "mental strength". Mental strength, as often thrown around by Arsene Wenger, refers to an endogenous factor within the players - personality etc - that delivers the hammer blow to the opposition. Not an exogenous factor - a refereeing decision - that does so, with your remaining task being to guard the lead.

Even though I hope we beat you today (causing your title hopes to disappear), good luck in future seasons. That is, if you get any "luck" at all since you're spending your money on substance and not "luck".
Original post by queenjaneapproximately

United, however, spend their money "buying the title" in a different way which DOES damage the fundamental integrity of the sport - on the referees and linesmen.

Whatever you say dude.. whatever you say. :colondollar:
Original post by Tommyjw
Whatever you say dude.. whatever you say. :colondollar:

Feels good to win doesn't it? Feels just like a feeling of denial that your team is the main overseas selling point of the EPL and thus has to be kept winning at all costs to the integrity of the game.
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy
Milner Barry Toure Nasri
Balotelli Aguero

Not bad. Finally dropped Silva thank god. Let the snidey little **** rest himself till his precious Euros. Because Spain have been oh so loyal to him.
Feels good to win doesn't it? Feels just like a feeling of denial that your team is the main overseas selling point of the EPL and thus has to be kept winning at all costs to the integrity of the game.

I repeat my previous statement :smile:

Thank god. Someone else gets it.
Reply 2954

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: There is not even a point commenting on such drivel :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
What's funny is you're all so desperately proud of your internet reputations that you don't want to admit you're wrong about the integrity of the league. It's sad you care that much about an internet forum. Get out into the real world ffs.
Reply 2956
:facepalm2: That has no relevance to such a nonsensical post. I would hope that they are a troll rather than sitting there searching out 'conspiracies' :rofl2:
Not bad. Finally dropped Silva thank god. Let the snidey little **** rest himself till his precious Euros. Because Spain have been oh so loyal to him.
Should have rested Silva earlier in the season, looks knackered, and is the kind of player you want for the big games.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Should have rested Silva earlier in the season, looks knackered, and is the kind of player you want for the big games.

Couldn't be more off the mark pal. Put aside a few assists against a 10 man United side and a tap in against Arsenal and he has literally done nothing against a top side in 2 years of English football. Bottled a load of Wembley chances last season too.
Couldn't be more off the mark pal. Put aside a few assists against a 10 man United side and a tap in against Arsenal and he has literally done nothing against a top side in 2 years of English football. Bottled a load of Wembley chances last season too.
I don't care if he's a big game player or not, its like saying you wouldn't want Ronaldo in your team. He's the most talented midfielder in your squad of course you want him there.

Not quite true anyway. Assist got you 3 points against Spurs. against Wigan gets you another 3, got the 1 goal to take you past Arsenal in Dec, an assist against Pool to grab a point, assist to get the three against Villarreal, and another against Bolton near the start. Not all big team but all decisive.

Quick Reply

Latest