The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Kolarov was exceptional yesterday I thought, and not much is being made of how impressive he and Sagna looked. Much is made of Kompany's personal redemption in the West Brom away game and yesterday, suggesting that he's bounced back from last year's disappoint, but Sagna was awful last season and he's done well to rebound.
Original post by Mackay
Kolarov was exceptional yesterday I thought, and not much is being made of how impressive he and Sagna looked. Much is made of Kompany's personal redemption in the West Brom away game and yesterday, suggesting that he's bounced back from last year's disappoint, but Sagna was awful last season and he's done well to rebound.

Kolarov is always excellent against Chelsea. Our tactics means that Kolarov is regularly in space and he's very dangerous.

Best attacking fullback in the league.
Original post by jam277

Best attacking fullback in the league.

Bit harsh on Paul Dummett.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34002463

Manchester City have signed Argentina international Nicolas Otamendi from Valencia on a five-year deal.
Otamendi: "Signing for Manchester City is a dream come true. I've always wanted to play for them since I was small."

They were in Division Three when you were small, Nicholas FFS.
Reply 5825
Original post by Mackay
Otamendi: "Signing for Manchester City is a dream come true. I've always wanted to play for them since I was small."

They were in Division Three when you were small, Nicholas FFS.

**** off did he say that :jester: :jester: :jester:
Original post by mhsc
**** off did he say that :jester: :jester: :jester:

It's doing the rounds on social media, but I'm unsure if he did. He DID say that he's wanted to play for them for a long time, though, which is surely laughable.
Reply 5827
Kevin De Bruyne deal almost done?
Just read about this in Manchester evening news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
#MersonThat

Yeah my mate(Liverpool fan) tried to say that City overpaid for Yaya and I basically said they underpaid for him.

He was full of **** though.
Reply 5830
To be honest the transfer fee was great for Yaya, its the 200k wages that were a joke. He's only had one season to suggest he's worth even 75% of that.
Original post by mhsc
To be honest the transfer fee was great for Yaya, its the 200k wages that were a joke. He's only had one season to suggest he's worth even 75% of that.

Are you joking? Yaya Toure is the best CM in the league

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5832
Original post by Jamiesonn
Are you joking? Yaya Toure is the best CM in the league

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was he last season?
It's City's title to lose.

Another good win yesterday, with Sterling looking lively and a decent acquisition by Pellegrini. De Bruyne has added to that sense of optimism today, and you can sense that City will benefit from Mourinho and Chelsea being so stagnant in the transfer market.

Navas looks a player transformed, and Aguero hasn't hit full power yet. A really, really strong start to the season and you can't really see Chelsea coming back from an eight point gap. There's a long way to go, but City have played themselves into 'title to lose' rather than 'title to win' territory within just a month.
Original post by Mackay
It's City's title to lose.

Another good win yesterday, with Sterling looking lively and a decent acquisition by Pellegrini. De Bruyne has added to that sense of optimism today, and you can sense that City will benefit from Mourinho and Chelsea being so stagnant in the transfer market.

Navas looks a player transformed, and Aguero hasn't hit full power yet. A really, really strong start to the season and you can't really see Chelsea coming back from an eight point gap. There's a long way to go, but City have played themselves into 'title to lose' rather than 'title to win' territory within just a month.

Firstly, City came back from an 8 point gap last season, they just messed it up after the draw to Chelsea at the bridge and the games vs United, Arsenal and Liverpool put a final nail in the coffin.

Secondly compare fixture lists between Chelsea and City. Everton haven't looked too great this season despite having a good team, West Brom quite frankly are atrocious defensively, Watford are newly promoted who usually take some time to find their feet in the league. Fine they thrashed Chelsea but you've seen Liverpool thrash United and United win the title over them too so it's not over. Plus Etihad and Stamford Bridge are by far the toughest games to play.

Swansea as seen by this season are a very good team, the 2-2 result was fair enough, we did have a period of dominance but they were very good the entire game. Our game vs City was disappointing but as said already, City are fantastic this season and I feel that we created some chances in the second half to put it to 1-1 which makes it a completely different game.

Against West Brom, we were dominant until the red card and really should have been 5-1 up, but as said already West Brom are atrocious defensively anyway.

Crystal Palace are a tough team and can easily get a result against City. I think the past few seasons have shown that.
Furthermore to add to the point, Chelsea were in a similar situation in 07/08 where we went on a run of 4 games without winning in september, we ended up finishing 2nd and 2 points behind the leaders Manchester United.

There are still plenty of points to play for and plenty of points to drop.
Reply 5836
Nah m8 realistically Chelsea aren't winning the title. From this point on we'd have to have almost a perfect season. No chance when we have other competitions, and you just know City will get knocked out Champions League again to make winning the league even easier.
Original post by mhsc
Nah m8 realistically Chelsea aren't winning the title. From this point on we'd have to have almost a perfect season. No chance when we have other competitions, and you just know City will get knocked out Champions League again to make winning the league even easier.

And as said already the exact same thing happened in 2007/08 and we missed the title by 2 points. City also caught up with an 8 point gap last season.

Also we dropped 4 points after the United and City games last season so clearly we are capable of going on such runs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5838
Original post by jam277
And as said already the exact same thing happened in 2007/08 and we missed the title by 2 points.

The league was a lot easier in 07/08.
Original post by mhsc
The league was a lot easier in 07/08.

Was it, you had Spurs, Martin O'Neills Villa side and then you had United's best ever side, Liverpool under Rafa, Everton under Moyes etc.

It wasn't a lot easier, if anything it was harder as the top sides were much stronger then and were more likely to pick up loads of points. An 8 point gap then is harder to catch up to now. Although if City get knocked out early they have a big advantage.

Quick Reply

Latest